WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionPrinter won't print correctly EmptyPrinter won't print correctly

more_horiz
Am having a problem with printer all of a sudden. It's new ink, but is printing in what I call grey scale. I've done all I know as far as checking the setting and everything seems to be okay. I am only using black ink, however left the empty color jet in the printer (if that makes a difference).

In the properties this is what the settings are now:

Black and White is checked
Graphic quality- High
Advanced Printing features- Enabled
Color printing mode- monochrome
Halftoning- Autoselect
Printer Features- BJ cartridge Black
Brightness- Normal

It's a Canon BJC 2100

Hope I gave you enough information to tell me something! I've tried printing with the format on Bold, and not bold- and seems to be the same pretty much either way. There were 2 cartridges at purchase time, and tried both of them and that too made no difference. Any suggestions?

Thank you

descriptionPrinter won't print correctly EmptyRe: Printer won't print correctly

more_horiz
If I understand this right, you have only a black ink cartridge. If so, it won't print colors. When using the term grey scale, are you saying that what should be black is really some what lighter? Not deep black?

If so, I see you checked settings and checked Black and White, and also set to monochrome. I'm wondering if there's another setting somewhere. Sometimes, printers have two sets of options, one in the Printer section and one in the Print options of the application that you're using.

more_horiz
The setting I mentioned above are from within the control panel, printers and faxes, preferences (advanced). And yes- the grey scale I mentioned - it prints medium to light grey, not deep black.

Thank you

more_horiz
I pulled down the manual and I really don't see the options you're referring to.

It says to open the Printer dialog box and click on the Main tab.

From there you can select uncheck Grayscale Print.

Can you get to that window? It's on page 93 of the manual.

more_horiz
I think I figured it out meanwhile. It's my mothers' machine- so it's a little unfamiliar to me... but I think I got it- if not I'll find her manual like you stated.
Thank you so much for your time.

more_horiz
You're welcome. Let us know what you find out.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum