WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

media player won't work

3 posters

description media player won't work - Page 2 EmptyRe: media player won't work

more_horiz
I,m running 64 bit. Question...If Hp gave commands to change or disable files, even if I install new cards/drivers, won't the same commands that were changed be in the computer? and if so will the new downloads work?

more_horiz
Hi,

I think that your printer is not compatible with your OS. That's why HP support changed the registry.
To answer your question I need to know why you could not install the printer yourself. Did it give you any errors?

more_horiz
It's the same printer I installed 3 years ago...the tech said Hp was having problems with the install software and I 've been reading that this is not an uncommon problem....I would go thru the install process and it would freeze at around 96% completion rate...I did this for about 4 hours before I contacted HP...the tech spent another 2 hours on my computer.

more_horiz
Hi,

Are you sure that the printer's cd doesn't have any problems? Have you tried to use another one?

EDIT:
For your windows media, download these codecs.

I changed the codecs as the previous ones, were for win xp only

Last edited by Vladimir on 26th January 2011, 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Codecs says for Win XP Os...will it be Ok for Vista? Yes I did use the other one and that is when printer was installed but after Hp Tech had been in the computer.

more_horiz
Hi,

I edited the post, download again the codecs. If that doesn't work either, I would suggest you either to restore and try to install the printer back again with a new cd or use another program for your audio. You choose

more_horiz
Ok codecs is installed...what do I do next?

more_horiz
GMANT wrote:
New hp printer wouldn't install & Hp support installed it after 2 hours of remote access to my computer. Printer runs great but now media player won't work...no dvd or cd... message states can't open file. I'm not very computer savvy so i'm looking for simple language. I know hp changed reg. keys and did not change them back....and if Rage XL is part of media player working...the device manager area states "this device cannot start. So need to know what to put back the way it was...afraid to do restore system...afraid i'll unins
tall printer and then I'd be right back where I started. Can anyone help?

You mean the Windows Media Player? If yes, have you tried uninstalling it reinstalling it again?

Click the Start button , click Control Panel, click Programs & Features, and then click Turn Windows features on or off. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Browse to Media Features and click the plus sign to reveal the sub-folders. Uncheck Windows Media Player, reboot.

Browse to the same location again and check the Windows Media Player option to reinstall it.

more_horiz
Hello Enzio...I went to on/off pg of programs and features...I couldn't find any media features..or are they called something else?

more_horiz
Just look for windows media player. It should be there, maybe under any different name.

more_horiz
Not there...anyhow I did a systems restore...of course the printer is uninstalled but still have exclamation point on Rage XL & AMD 8151 AGP3 Graphics tunnel. Multi Card is now ok....so does anyone have any more ideas other than me throwing the computer out the window? BUT I do now have video and sound...so what's up with Rage and AMD what do they do?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum