WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionYet another malware problem. EmptyYet another malware problem.

more_horiz
Hello, im sure you guys remember me.

Today I turned on my computer after an AVG update and restart to bring up the World of Warcraft launcher/updater. I was soon met with a window from AVG Identity Guard that malware was detected and the afflicted file was something close to the world of warcraft updater/launcher .exe. I was asked if I wanted to allow the file or move it to the vault to quarantine. I chose to move it to the vault and I was prompted with a restart. When my PC tried restarting, all I got was a black screen and my fan powering up high, with error lights 1, 3, and 4 showing up on my system. Now whenever I go to turn on my PC, my fan instantly kicks up to its highest setting with error lights 1,3 and 4 appearing, nothing else. :sad:

It seems that the malware infection can travel through my router as well, for when I tried turning my PC on, while having my dad's on, my dad's computer was met with a memory dump screen, and I was forced to reboot. My dad's pc however works fine when my PC is off, as you can tell.

descriptionYet another malware problem. EmptyRe: Yet another malware problem.

more_horiz
Helllo.

Download OTL by OldTimer to your Desktop.

• Close all windows and double click OTL.exe
  • Click Run Scan and let the program run uninterrupted
  • It will produce two logs for you, one will pop up - OTL.txt, the other will be saved on your Desktop - Extras.txt. Post both logs in this thread.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all.

more_horiz
I'm unable to download OTL to the infected pc's desktop for the pc does not even start up or get to the boot screen.

more_horiz
Ok, update, Dell tech support is going to send out a new gfx card to me within the next day or two. When it is installed, and if there is a virus, I will upload the OTL log then.

more_horiz
Okay. Smile...

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum