WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionFake Walmart $1,000 Gift Card/Ipad popup-Facebook EmptyFake Walmart $1,000 Gift Card/Ipad popup-Facebook

more_horiz
My desktop computer is running Windows XP and I am using Internet Explorer 8. Problem started when logging into Facebook. A popup appeared saying I won a gift card or Ipad. I didn't click it to open it but did x it out. It goes away until the next time I sign in. The problem is I'm now getting attacked. My anti-virus (Norton) is consistently stating that my computer is being attacked. It says an intruder has been blocked. I run ad-aware scan and it is finding 31-41 different issues with each scan. Clean it up and they are back again. I run Malware Bytes and it doesn't find anything. Also have CCleaner. Finally backed up all my pictures and documents and F10'd the computer to wipe it out. Started over and the Walmart pop up is still there. Any way to get rid of it!!!? It's causing all kinds of issues.

Thank you.

descriptionFake Walmart $1,000 Gift Card/Ipad popup-Facebook EmptyRe: Fake Walmart $1,000 Gift Card/Ipad popup-Facebook

more_horiz
Hi,

Please download OTL to your Desktop. (If you already have it downloaded, then just follow the instructions below).
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • Under the Custom Scan box paste this in

%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
    %systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
    %systemroot%\system32\*.exe /lockedfiles
    %systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
    %systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /lockedfiles
    %systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
    %systemroot%\system32\*.sys
    %systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.dll
    %systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.ini
    %systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.exe
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.*
    %PROGRAMFILES%\*.
    %appdata%\*.*
    netsvcs
    msconfig
    safebootminimal
    safebootnetwork
    activex
    drivers32
    /md5start
    eventlog.dll
    scecli.dll
    netlogon.dll
    cngaudit.dll
    sceclt.dll
    ntelogon.dll
    logevent.dll
    iaStor.sys
    nvstor.sys
    atapi.sys
    IdeChnDr.sys
    viasraid.sys
    AGP440.sys
    vaxscsi.sys
    nvatabus.sys
    viamraid.sys
    nvata.sys
    nvgts.sys
    iastorv.sys
    ViPrt.sys
    eNetHook.dll
    ahcix86.sys
    KR10N.sys
    disk.sys
    nvstor32.sys
    ahcix86s.sys
    nvrd32.sys
    symmpi.sys
    adp3132.sys
    mv61xx.sys
    usbstor.sys
    /md5stop
    CREATERESTOREPOINT
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update\Results\Install|LastSuccessTime /rs

• Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.

• When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
    • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) and paste (Edit->Paste) the contents of these files, one at a time

Note: in the event that OTL fails to run, please use alternate download links to try again:

http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/OTL.com
http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/OTL.scr
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum