WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Now my laptop has something wrong

2 posters

descriptionNow my laptop has something wrong - Page 2 EmptyRe: Now my laptop has something wrong

more_horiz
ESET Online Scan

Scan your computer with the ESET FREE Online Virus Scan

* Click the ESET Online Scanner button.

* For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
* Click on the esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop
* Double click on the esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe icon on your desktop.
* Place a check mark next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use.

* Click the Start button.
* Accept any security warnings from your browser.
* Leave the check mark next to Remove found threats and place a check next to Scan archives.
* Click the Start button.
* ESET will then download updates, install, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
* When the scan completes, click List of found threats.
* Next click Export to text file and save the file to your desktop using a name such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
* Click the Back button then click Finish.

In your next reply please include the ESET Online Scan Log

descriptionNow my laptop has something wrong - Page 2 EmptyRe: Now my laptop has something wrong

more_horiz
here is the log
C:\SwSetup\AOLIMS\setup.exe probably a variant of Win32/Agent.HZHBURL trojan cleaned by deleting - quarantined

more_horiz
How's your computer running now? Any outstanding issues?

more_horiz
So far its good the only issue is when it shuts down improperly the calendar goes to 2001. When I start it and see the screen that asks if I want to to go safe mode or start my comp regular I will click on start normally and then the internet does not work so i go and check the date and its back at 2001. This only started when I connected my moms screen to this laptop. Before that this never happened.

more_horiz
when it shuts down improperly the calendar goes to 2001
Does it do this often? You could try this.

Do you have your OS CD/DVD?

If so,

1/ Click the Start button.

2/ From the Start Menu, Click All programs followed by Accessories.

3/ In the Accessories menu, Right Click on the Command Prompt option.

4/ From the drop down menu that appears, Click on the Run as administrator option.

5/ If you have the User Account Control (UAC) enabled you will be asked for authorisation prior to the command prompt opening. You may simply need to press the Continue button if you are the administrator or insert the administrator password etc.

6/ In the Command Prompt window, type: sfc /scannow and then press Enter.

7/ A message will appear stating that the system scan will begin.

8/ Be patient because the scan may take some time.

9/ If any files require replacing SFC will replace them. You may be asked to insert your Vista DVD for this process to continue.

10/ If everything is okay you should, after the scan, see the following message Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations.

11/ After the scan has completed, Close the command prompt window.

more_horiz
I have to look and see if I still have the cd/dvd.
It only started happening when I connected the laptop to my moms screen. B4 this it was fine. Even if it shut down improperly.

Yes it happens every time the laptop gets shut down improperly.

more_horiz
Ok. We'll wait to see if you can find the disk.

more_horiz
Please try this: You will need to open up your computer and replace the CMOS battery. It's a small round battery. Just pop it out ( power off, of course) and pop in a new one.

more_horiz
how do i open up the lap top?

more_horiz
It usually found under the laptop. If you turn over your laptop you will find different panels that can be removed. You should go to the website of your brand of laptop and get the information as to the location of the CMOS battery.

more_horiz
Thanks will let you know if this works.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum