WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

i cant download new programs so wasnt able to post logs from OTL

2 posters

descriptioni cant download new programs so wasnt able to post logs from OTL - Page 2 EmptyRe: i cant download new programs so wasnt able to post logs from OTL

more_horiz
========== OTL ==========
Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ deleted successfully.
Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run not found.
Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run not found.
Registry value HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\\a886b0835fe58dd920844d7de0a5e8f9 deleted successfully.
Registry value HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\\Mqsuc not found.
Registry value HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\\MqsZ not found.
Registry value HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\\MqvPc not found.
Registry value HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\System\\DisableRegistryTools not found.
========== FILES ==========
File\Folder C:\Windows\tasks\At*.job not found.

OTL by OldTimer - Version 3.2.18.2 log created on 12312010_203531

descriptioni cant download new programs so wasnt able to post logs from OTL - Page 2 EmptyRe: i cant download new programs so wasnt able to post logs from OTL

more_horiz
Sorry I took so long, I've been away.

more_horiz
Hello.

Please download and run this tool.

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.

• Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. (See Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.
Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.

Post the contents of the MBAM Log.

more_horiz
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50.1.1100
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 5440

Windows 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18975

1/1/2011 8:43:12 PM
mbam-log-2011-01-01 (20-43-12).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Objects scanned: 162931
Time elapsed: 10 minute(s), 24 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 2
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 2
Files Infected: 5

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\GamevanceText.DLL (Adware.GameVance) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AppDataLow\gvtl (Adware.GameVance) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:
c:\Users\rac\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\extensions\{ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}\textlinks@gamevance.com (Adware.GamesVance) -> Delete on reboot.
c:\Users\rac\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\extensions\{ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}\textlinks@gamevance.com\components (Adware.GamesVance) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
c:\Users\rac\downloads\retrogamersetup2.3.76.6.rgman000 (1).exe (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\rac\downloads\retrogamersetup2.3.76.6.rgman000.exe (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\rac\downloads\unconfirmed 50022.crdownload (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\rac\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\extensions\{ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}\textlinks@gamevance.com\chrome.manifest (Adware.GamesVance) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\rac\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\extensions\{ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}\textlinks@gamevance.com\components\gvtlf.dll (Adware.GamesVance) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

more_horiz
Hello.

• Download combofix from here
    Link 1
1. If you are using Firefox, make sure that your download settings are as follows:

* Tools->Options->Main tab
* Set to "Always ask me where to Save the files".

2. During the download, rename Combofix to svchost as follows:

i cant download new programs so wasnt able to post logs from OTL - Page 2 CF_download_FF

i cant download new programs so wasnt able to post logs from OTL - Page 2 2aflf5z

3. It is important you rename Combofix during the download, but not after.
4. Please do not rename Combofix to other names, but only to the one indicated.
5. Close any open browsers.
6. We need to disable your local AV (Anti-virus) before running Combofix.

• See HERE for how to disable your AV.
  • Double click on svchost.exe.
  • Follow the prompts. NOTE:
  • Allow combofix to run
  • Post C:\combofix.txt back here.

Note:
    Do not mouse click combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall.

more_horiz
it wont let me post it, its keeps saying the connection was reset. i uploaded it to the site you told me to upload the otl logs if that helps at all.

http://rapidshare.com/files/440870667/log.txt

more_horiz
Hello.

Please download TDSSKiller from here and save it to your Desktop.

• Doubleclick TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool
  • Click the Start Scan button
  • After the scan has finished, click the Close button
  • Click the Report button and copy/paste the contents of it into your next reply
Note:It will also create a log in the C:\ directory.

more_horiz
my computer took a turn for the worst yesterday, it said i had to restart so i did. after that it would get to the windows loading screen and keep crashing and restarting. i ran a system recovery to restore it back to factory settings. i think that got rid of my problem but, do you think there is anything i should do to make sure?

more_horiz
Install an antivirus & antispyware protection, a factory restore wipes everything so once your protected, you should be fine.

more_horiz
ok, i have Norton i think that covers spyware, i know it covers AV. Thanks for all the help!

more_horiz
so Norton should handle all my problems?? or most..??

more_horiz
We don't recommend Norton, it's a resource hog.

You aren't running Anti Virus Software

Please install Avira antivirus otherwise you won't be protected.

1) Antivir PersonalEditionClassic
-Free anti-virus software for Windows.
-Detects and removes more than 50,000 viruses. Free support.

It is strongly recommended that you run only one antivirus program at a time. Having more than one antivirus program active in memory uses additional resources and can result in program conflicts and false virus alerts.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum