WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

No audio device installed

2 posters

descriptionNo audio device installed - Page 2 EmptyRe: No audio device installed

more_horiz
I thought it was wierd too, that's why I went to the experts. Honored
Is there a service pack 3 for vista?
sorry I thought I told you it was Vista 32 bit.
Thanks!!

descriptionNo audio device installed - Page 2 EmptyRe: No audio device installed

more_horiz
I tough we talking about XP. Okay, lets try both of this :
http://www.filecluster.com/Drivers/Sound-Cards/Download-Realtek-High-Definition-Audio-for-Vista.html
http://www.filecluster.com/Drivers/Sound-Cards/Download-Realtek-AC-97-Drivers-for-Vista.html

First you have to go to Add or Remove Programs and remove next software you installed before :

• Realtek AC’97

• SigmaTel

• SigmaTel

• Creative Audigy

• Conexant HD Audio

Than, restart computer. Now you can start installing new drivers i gave you.

more_horiz
Still did not work. I keep getting the message unable to find media device.

more_horiz
Than we have some hardware issue. You should try to reinstall Windows firs, or use Windows 7 if you have CD. If you still have problems with sound, than you have to change hardware.

more_horiz
Okay, Thanks Nazzgull. I'll do the Vista reinstall when I get home from work this afternoon. I'll let you know what happens.

more_horiz
Okay. I wish you luck

more_horiz
Oh, i forgot, lets try one more solution, use Microsoft Fix It Center from this page :
http://fix-it-center.en.softonic.com/universaldownloader-launch

more_horiz
I reinstalled the Vista OS, recovery disks would not work so I had to use shadow copy. (Computer wouldn't show DVD drive when I opened My Computer option.)

Still no sound, got started with updates last night.
The Conexant and Smartaudio programs show in add remove programs, but not in device manager.
I haven't tried to see if the DVD/CD drive will work with a since OS reinstall.

Could the CD/DVD have not been working due to not having sound? I could hear the drive spinniing, but it just didn't show the drive letter F: or give the option pop up.
Thanks!

more_horiz
Okay, just uninstall that Conexant and Smartaudio from your computer. Than try :
http://www.filecluster.com/Drivers/Sound-Cards/Download-Realtek-High-Definition-Audio-for-Vista.html
http://www.filecluster.com/Drivers/Sound-Cards/Download-Realtek-AC-97-Drivers-for-Vista.html

If that won't help, use Microsoft Fix It Center which i gave you in post above, you'll have options inside for Sound problems, CD/DVD problems etc.. Just click on one, and click on RUN.

more_horiz
I have finished the reinstall. CD/DVD drive works fine, still no sound. I have tried the uninstall an microsoft fix it. The fix it just says there is a problem but unable to fix. The solutions given are what we have done already.
I think I will get an external sound card and try that. What do you think?
Thanks!!!

more_horiz
External sound should work. I don't get what problem do we have. Can you get me a screenshot of Fix It ? What message you got from that software ?

more_horiz
This is a screenshot of the device manager:

No audio device installed - Page 2 Device10

this is the finished report from Microsoft FixIt, I did not get the error message this time:
Sound Playback and RecordingPublisher details

Issues found
Check audio deviceCheck audio device
There might be a problem with your audio deviceNot fixed
Rescan devicesSucceeded
Uninstall deviceSucceeded

Issues foundDetection details

6Check audio deviceNot fixed

There might be a problem with your audio device
Rescan devicesSucceeded

Check for changes in available devices
Uninstall deviceSucceeded

Assign drive letters to all drives that do not have drive letter

Detection details

Installed audio devices
This file contains the details stored in the registry for all installed
audio devices.

File Name:AudioDevices.reg

Collection information
Computer Name: LIA-PC
Windows Version:6.0
Architecture:x86
Time:12/5/2010 12:09:07 PM

Publisher details

Sound Playback and Recording
Troubleshoot problems that prevent your computer from playing or recording
sound.
Package Version:2.1.2.20101104
Publisher:Microsoft Corporation

From this I am guessing the sound card may be bad.
Thanksfor all your help.
I'll let you know if the external works.

more_horiz
Yup, you have some serious problem with Sound Card.. Thanks for info.

more_horiz
Yeah That's what I was afriad of...

I bought a SoundBlaster X-Fi Go! Pro external sound card for it today. I have been trying to get it to work all day. I can see the animation in the volume bar bouncing up and down, but can not hear the sound.

Also the CD / DVD drive has been blinking in and out of the computer options window (working intermitently). So now I wonder if it is crapping out altogether... I am begining to think it is a lost cause.
Thanks for trying to help!!

more_horiz
Oh my god. Would you like to Reinstall Windows ? You should not use Vista, Vista is the worst operating system ever made, too many errors and no updates for common problems. I suggest you to get Windows 7, or if you have XP just put in on, Vista is really one big fail of Microsoft Co.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum