WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptioncan't log on to computer to remove thinkpoint virus from my computer Emptycan't log on to computer to remove thinkpoint virus from my computer

more_horiz
can someone help?

i have the thinkpoint virus on my system. when i try to go to safe mode, i get the open in safe mode prompt, open with networking, and open with command prompt. if i try to open with safe mode, the screen goes completly black. if i try to open with the other two, the screen show the computer trying to boot up, and then it freezes in the process. i can't get anything past that point, and have to press the power button myself to shut down the computer. the computer operating system is xp. the cd drive doesn't work and it seems that when i try to insert a usb drive that freezes everything as well. i do use another computer, but would like to repair this one if i can. please help if you can!

descriptioncan't log on to computer to remove thinkpoint virus from my computer EmptyRe: can't log on to computer to remove thinkpoint virus from my computer

more_horiz
Hello.

Download OTL by OldTimer to your Desktop.

• Close all windows and double click OTL.exe
  • Click Run Scan and let the program run uninterrupted
  • It will produce two logs for you, one will pop up - OTL.txt, the other will be saved on your Desktop - Extras.txt. Post both logs in this thread.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all.

descriptioncan't log on to computer to remove thinkpoint virus from my computer Emptystill having trouble logging on

more_horiz
i still need help!

i recently posted that i can't use one of my computers due to the thinkpoint virus. the only thing i can do is try to log in using safe mode, safe mode with networking, or safe mode with command prompt. but when i try either one of the three, i get a black screen or the program freezes. i can't download anything to the desktop because i can't see or get to the desktop. i'm stuck with the computer showing me the computer begining to load, then freezing after a few bars at the bottom. i'm at a lost at what to do. please help!

descriptioncan't log on to computer to remove thinkpoint virus from my computer EmptyRe: can't log on to computer to remove thinkpoint virus from my computer

more_horiz
Hello.
You mean a Desktop with no icons or task bar?

more_horiz
hello,

i mean that i can't see or get to the desktop at all. all i get is a frozen screen in the safe mode screen. nothing at all.

more_horiz
Hello.

Open the Task Manager via ctrl/alt/del. Go to the "Applications" tab, and press "New Task..."

In the open field, type in explorer an hit the OK button.

Does your Desktop load now?

more_horiz
no,

this doesn't work because i can't get past the safe mode screen to task manager. i just keep getting stopped at the safe mode prompts. when i load my computer i see the msi logo, then black, then F3. . ., then nothing but black until i shut down the computer. when i try again, i see the same thing, but if i tap the F8 key. it will take me to the safe mode section. no matter which of the 3 choices i choose, the screen freezes while trying to start or it just goes completely black until i shut down the computer.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum