WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionwinsxs folder is over 13GB!  Can this be reduced? Emptywinsxs folder is over 13GB! Can this be reduced?

more_horiz
Brand new to this site, was referred by a friend. I have a Lenovo Y510 laptop with a 30GB C: drive and a 103 GB D: drive. I do not use it for a whole lot, but my C: drive is nearly full. I have determined that a huge chunk of it is the winsxs folder. I am not nearly computer savvy enough to understand how or why, but would love to know if this is normal or correct, and if there is a way to make it smaller. I did find a program called winsxs lite, but am not sure how to use it, and am afraid I'll do more harm than good.

Thanks

descriptionwinsxs folder is over 13GB!  Can this be reduced? EmptyRe: winsxs folder is over 13GB! Can this be reduced?

more_horiz
Hi, try to run some free cleaner.

I suggest you to download ATF Cleaner or CCleaner and use it to clean your computer a little. Also, you should uninstall programs that you didn't use past months.

Mark Temporary Files, History, Cookies, Old Windows Files, Compressed Old Files.. Also, you should use Disc CleanUp some times.

If you have more question, feel free to ask.

descriptionwinsxs folder is over 13GB!  Can this be reduced? EmptyRe: winsxs folder is over 13GB! Can this be reduced?

more_horiz
Wflorie,

Have a look at Winsxs space issue on http://www.happysysadm.com

It is written for WIndows 2008 but it does applies to Windows 7 too. I hope this will help you understand and solve your problem. Give feedback!
Bye
Sysadm

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum