WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Something slows down the machine + occasional blue screens

3 posters

descriptionSomething slows down the machine + occasional blue screens - Page 3 EmptyRe: Something slows down the machine + occasional blue screens

more_horiz
i think i have succeded to upgrade to SP3..

i will monitor the situation of my PC for a couple of days and if i encounter any disturbance i will run "chkdsk and sfc /scannow" as your advice..

i am really grateful for your precious help... Thank You!

may i be sure that the topic won't be closed so that i can inform you with possible problems? Honored

descriptionSomething slows down the machine + occasional blue screens - Page 3 EmptyRe: Something slows down the machine + occasional blue screens

more_horiz
Hi,

Great news! Smile...

We don't close topics here unless they violate rules.

If it BSODs again please upload the latest minidump and I will be happy to assist.

more_horiz
hi, this is the latest unwanted bluescreen related restart issue..
this occured after upgrading to SP3 and all high priority updates with it..
http://www.mediafire.com/?gjbvczj5dla5b2k

more_horiz
Hi,

Please go into Command Prompt and type CHKDSK and hit enter.

more_horiz
Microsoft Windows XP [Sürüm 5.1.2600]
(C) Telif Hakkı 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner>CHKDSK
Dosya sistemi türü NTFS.

UYARI! F parametresi belirtilmemis.
CHKDSK salt okunur modda çalıstırılıyor.

CHKDSK dosyaları dogruluyor (asama 1 / 3)...
Dosya dogrulama tamamlandı.
CHKDSK dizinleri dogruluyor (asama 2 / 3)...
45419 dosyası $I30 dizini Local State dizin girdisi siliniyor.
45419 dosyası $I30 dizini LOCALS~1 dizin girdisi siliniyor.
Dizin dogrulama tamamlandı.

Hatalar bulundu. CHKDSK salt okunur modda devam edemiyor.

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner>

more_horiz
The last sentence says: errors found. CHKDSK can't continue in read only mode..

more_horiz
Hi,

Please type chkdsk /r and reboot.

more_horiz
hi, i did it .. it was a little bit long process, and i can't find anything to copy&paste.. again thank you very much..
i will inform you if any problem occurs.. Thank You!

more_horiz
Hi,

Great, let me know how it goes. Smile...

more_horiz
no problem since chkdsk is done.. more fluid performance is also noticed.. thank you for evreything you've done for me..

will continue to monitor the situation..

more_horiz
Hi,

You're welcome, glad to help. Smile...

Let me know if it BSODs again.

more_horiz
Hi Sneakyone, i haven't encountered any problem for few days but today when i tired to open my pc; while choosing my owner account at the acount choosing screen, after clicking my account it freezed for nearly 30 seconds than forced itself to get past but couldN't because blue screen occured which resulted with a unwanted reboot..

i couldn't understand this situation persisting too much eventhough we tried so much things to mend..

i will post the minidump file in my next post so that you can anylsye.. if you have anymore instructions to give i am looking forward to it..

more_horiz
http://www.mediafire.com/?6mka0mguy32n0ul

more_horiz
Hi,

I will get back to you with the results. I may have to ask for a little help on this one.

more_horiz
hi, i have noticed that i am usually confronting this issue when i try to open my pc..

for example today i tryed to open and in just went on till the acoount choosing page however i couldn't choose my owner account and the screen freezed again.. i could move the mouse though but can't interact with anything.. the freezing situation didn't last for nearly 5 minutes this time so i turned off power button and made a restart manually..

i also noticed that while this freezing situation the cpu seems to be working with full power.. other than that noticed that while surfing or trying to do things fast, sometimes cpu fan accelerates itself to full power and for a while everything hesitates, similar to moving mouse and not interacting with anything..

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum