WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionFirefox 3.0.1 patches Mac-only bug EmptyFirefox 3.0.1 patches Mac-only bug

more_horiz
Fixes Apple-reported flaw that hackers could use to hijack Macs

(Computerworld) Mozilla Corp. patched three critical vulnerabilities in Firefox 3.0 this week, including a Mac-specific bug reported by Apple Inc., not just two as originally reported.

Firefox 3.0.1, the first update to the browser since it launched a month ago, fixed the same two flaws that were patched Tuesday in the older version, 2.0.0.16, said Mozilla. But it also quashed a Mac OS X-only vulnerability reported to the company by Drew Yao, an engineer in Apple's security group.

Last month, Yao had reported multiple bugs in Ruby, the object-oriented scripting language, to the open-source project. Apple patched those vulnerabilities in its own Mac OS X in late June.

A bug in how Firefox processes GIF images could be used by attackers to crash the browser, said Mozilla's security advisory, and "potentially execute arbitrary code." Firefox 2.0 is not affected, Mozilla said..........

More: http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9110318&source=NLT_VVR&nlid=37

descriptionFirefox 3.0.1 patches Mac-only bug EmptyRe: Firefox 3.0.1 patches Mac-only bug

more_horiz
I was hoping they fix the crashes i am experiencing.

descriptionFirefox 3.0.1 patches Mac-only bug EmptyRe: Firefox 3.0.1 patches Mac-only bug

more_horiz
mmmm.....Runs stable for me on Vista.

What sort of crashes are you experiencing Chosen1?

I mean is it random, or occurring at the same execution?

more_horiz
The crashes are probably my fault. When i open about a hundred tabs, it closes with an error report. Hehe...

more_horiz
A Hundred Tabs??? Shocking Whoa Shocking Whoa

LMBO or ROFL

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum