WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionTrojan Horse Fake alert.UD EmptyTrojan Horse Fake alert.UD

more_horiz
Hi,

I have recently had my laptop infected from AV8 Antivirus, and now have problems with Malwareinfolist.com warnings restricting my use of the internet. Initially my computer would only show a black screen and i could only open things using Task Manager but i have now got the desk top up and running. However, when i access the internet, it brings up the malwareinfolist.com warning. And my AVG free brings up a warning to show that it has detected a Trojan Horse Fake Alert.UD infection, some of which it can remove, others it can;t. I also get warning from Norton that it has blocked unauthorised access from 1 of about 5 repeating ip addresses. i have gone through the Hijack this post to no avail. Please help.

descriptionTrojan Horse Fake alert.UD EmptyRe: Trojan Horse Fake alert.UD

more_horiz
Hi

Please do these steps in order.

1. Please download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop
  • Please double-click TFC.exe to run it. (Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
  • It will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.
  • Click the Start
    button to begin the process. Depending on how often you clean temp
    files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute
    or two. Let it run uninterrupted to completion.
  • Once it's finished it should reboot your machine. If it does not, please manually reboot the machine yourself to ensure a complete clean.

2. Trojan Horse Fake alert.UD Mbamicontw5 Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from Malwarebytes.org.
Alternate link: BleepingComputer.com.
(Note: if you already have the program installed, just follow the directions. No need to re-download or re-install!)

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.

(Note: if you already have the program installed, open Malwarebytes from the Start Menu or Desktop shortcut, click the Update tab, and click Check for Updates, before doing the scan as instructed below!)

• Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Full Scan", then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. (See Extra Note)
  • Please save the log to a location you will remember.
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the entire report in your next reply.

Extra Note:

If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.

3. Please visit this webpage for instructions for downloading and running SUPERAntiSpyware (SAS) to scan and remove malware from your computer:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/how-to-use-superantispyware-tutorial

Post the log from SUPERAntiSpyware when you've accomplished that.

4. Please run a free online scan with the ESET Online Scanner
  • Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use
  • Click Start
  • When asked, allow the ActiveX control to install
  • Click Start
  • Make sure that the options Remove found threats and the option Scan unwanted applications is checked
  • Click Scan (This scan can take several hours, so please be patient)
  • Once the scan is completed, you may close the window
  • Use Notepad to open the logfile located at C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt
  • Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic

5. Post the following in your next reply:
  • MBAM log
  • SAS log
  • ESET log

And, please tell me how your computer is doing.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum