GeekPolice Tech DealsLog in

 

Share

descriptionDo I need a DVD Burner ?

more_horiz
I have a dell inspiron 531 with only a one cd burner for dics like a CD+R not a problem , I want to know if I can burn a DVD+R and then play say a movie or video on my TV home Player,will any free converter programs like RZ DVD Creator,make it all work?

descriptionRe: Do I need a DVD Burner ?

more_horiz
Hey suzonka. Yes, you will need to get a DVD drive, then you will be able to burn DVD's that will play on your home system or computer.

descriptionRe: Do I need a DVD Burner ?

more_horiz
Get one DVD Writer. This will help you to play & Burn - CD's & DVD's.

After getting a DVD Writer, you can use any burner which has the DVD writing feature to make multiple copies Smile...

descriptiondvd writer

more_horiz
Metalmusk wrote:
Get one DVD Writer. This will help you to play & Burn - CD's & DVD's.

After getting a DVD Writer, you can use any burner which has the DVD writing feature to make multiple copies Smile...
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

thank you for the information

descriptionRe: Do I need a DVD Burner ?

more_horiz
You should have one installed. I have a Dell Inspiron 530D which is almost identical to that. It has a dvd rewritable drive(burns and rewrites already written dvds).

Make sure to go here to check your shipped hardware configuration. You'll need your service tag which is on a sticker on the back or side. Can also find it in the bios by clicking F2 on startup.Smile...

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

descriptionRe: Do I need a DVD Burner ?

more_horiz
PHANTOM X-GI wrote:
You should have one installed. I have a Dell Inspiron 530D which is almost identical to that. It has a dvd rewritable drive(burns and rewrites already written dvds).

Make sure to go here to check your shipped hardware configuration. You'll need your service tag which is on a sticker on the back or side. Can also find it in the bios by clicking F2 on startup.Smile...

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

I just have one top drawer on my desk top dell 531 the one below it is blank. I have no clue about what Bios I should have can you enlighten me on this? Thanks again Let me think

descriptionRe: Do I need a DVD Burner ?

more_horiz
Bios should be around 1.0.13

You can also check System Information under Start Menu/Accessories/System Tools Smile...

descriptionBios

more_horiz
PHANTOM X-GI wrote:
Bios should be around 1.0.13

You can also check System Information under Start Menu/Accessories/System Tools Smile...


I checked the dell /Bios 1.0.6 is this good

descriptionRe: Do I need a DVD Burner ?

more_horiz
Upgrading the bios is optional and not a big deal, but it may enable additional hardware features. I would upgrade, but that is entirely up to you.Smile...

Note the following happen when upgrading a bios

1. Screen flashes(this is supposed to happen and nothing to worry about)

2. Loud noises similar to running a cd/dvd occurs when flashing/upgrading(right before restarting which is normal)

3. Immediately shuts down and turns back on after a couple of seconds(again normal)

Don't be alarmed by the above as they are perfectly normal when upgrading the bios.Smile...
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum