WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionData Recovery  EmptyData Recovery

more_horiz
So I have this 1TB drive that I migrated data to that failed tonight. It was originally housed in a enclosure (Thermaltake with fan - Not recommended cheap construction) and I could access the data fine. Eventually the drive got slower and slower and eventually stopped working all together. So thinking it was the POS enclosure - I took the drive out - popped it in the puter. It is a Western Digital 1TB Black Caviar - SATA. Turned on puter and the boot up sequence recognized the drive but failed to boot to the login screen in windows - it basically hung after the initial loading screen. Any ideas? It is still under warranty and plan on getting a refund and getting another brand...But I need the data back that is located on the drive - How do I access it if the puter refuses to full boot?

Thanks for any help - How much does data recovery typically cost...? PS - you guys came highly recommended via a friend...
?

descriptionData Recovery  EmptyRe: Data Recovery

more_horiz
Hi. Do you still need help?

more_horiz
It is the process of salvaging data from damaged, failed, corrupted, or unapproachable secondary storage media when it cannot be approach normally.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum