WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

hp pavillion a6235x automatically restarts

3 posters

descriptionhp pavillion a6235x automatically restarts - Page 2 EmptyRe: hp pavillion a6235x automatically restarts

more_horiz
HAHAHA! i think i have it figured out. this morning when i woke up i tried to turn my laptop on and it would for about 3 seconds and eventually i deduced it was overheating cpu so i take out my trusty thermal conductive pads and add another to the prcessor and it starts then it hits me i remove the fans from the cpu/gpu and lo and behold NO THERMAL COMPOUND of anysort so a iadd some and it works fine ... for a while... so i look it up and the lockups and spontanious restarts/shutdowns and the failure to boot is most likely one of the most over looked issues with computers the psu so my friend has one that he will let me try in my computer later this weekend (oh and i have a slightly larger hdd in my pc now a humongous!*sarcasm* 20 gb hdd)

descriptionhp pavillion a6235x automatically restarts - Page 2 EmptyRe: hp pavillion a6235x automatically restarts

more_horiz
Thanks for info Smile...

more_horiz
well... i have new info on this... i got a new power supply 500w and i replace the other one... and this solves the spontanious restarts and and failure to boot... but now i have a persisting problem... the computer locks up randomly... at anytime... sometimes at POST or loading an OS installer or loading the OS (also that 20 gig hdd died so im back at to the 8 gig)
i am now wondering again what this may be...i know everything on the computer works flawlessly as i have tested them in other systems

thanks in advance for any input you may have - Xald

more_horiz
New HDD my friend, you need new HDD.

more_horiz
Not to sound un appreciative of the assistance but i have tried it without an HDD and with different combinations of parts... i fear that something is toast on the MoBo

more_horiz
Hmm, try to Install new copy of Windows XP.

more_horiz
feel so dumb now... i never payed attention to anything on it... i replaced the power supply and that fixed the failure to boot... and the spontanious restarts... and the freezing... cause no i realise its not FREEZING its only a MEGA hang of the processor(i do mean mega... it takes 15-30 secs to turn num lock on/off...)
also i had been trying to install windows... repeatedly... for the last little while but the constant hanging made it well impossible...
i hope this recent and quite delayed info helps if i dont figure it out soon

more_horiz
Took out CPU and clean it, use thermal paste on it and carefully put it back, you have to be sure that all pins are okay! Also, the CPU should lie down easy. Try to check BIOS settings again, and set it to defaults. Also, i suggest you to remove that HDD with 8 Gb, Operating System really need a much more space for normally work!

more_horiz
yeah so i took the CPU out and cleaned it and the socket but i didn't have anythermal paste so i'll go pick some up at some point this week... i know this problem is something that is either easy or something im over looking...
or maybe im just wasting my time...

more_horiz
I just can't figure what is problem. It suppose to work nice, after all you have done, it should work! Btw, as you said, it's maybe motherboard issue, but i don't think so, because you can run computer. Or you just have some damaged components on motherboard. Maybe, try to change RAM memory, i don't have idea.

more_horiz
Errors generated by the software program may cause the computer to restart unexpectedly or without warning. If you are running Windows XP see the "For Windows XP users" section below before continuing.

more_horiz
thread necromancy, my friend, that computer is now parts used throughout my other computers and friends computers

more_horiz
you all might hate me, but i want people who see this to know that i know what the problem was, and i have used this in several other problem's instances
the RAM ALL 4 modules were no good causing the computer to randomly freeze, the same thing happened with 2 other computers with different RAM and when i removed the faulty sticks and replaced them, no random freezes or random restarts
again, sorry for bumping a 2 year old thread.... but i figured this might help someone else
-seth

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum