WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionVirus Blocking Internet Connection To Multiple Programs - Possible Hijacking! EmptyVirus Blocking Internet Connection To Multiple Programs - Possible Hijacking!

more_horiz
Hey guys,

A few weeks ago I managed to get a virus on my computer, one of those annoying ones that pretend to be Antivirus Software and tell you you have tons of other virus' and stuff. It also blocked all internet access to both my web browsers and AVG, Malwarebytes', Yousendit, STeam and other programs. Anyway, I managed to get rid of it by running Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware in safe mode but something is still blocking Yousendit and other software from getting internet access, even certian websites (e.g Youtube & Yousendit) fail to upload files or come up with error messages saying they have "failed to find the server". I managed to get firefox to work again after fiddling with the proxy settings. After reading some other posts on the net it seems that something may have hijacked my connection to the net. I'm not a massive tech guy, I know bits and pieces but nothing as advanced as sorting this out. If anyone can be of any help that would be awesome!

Cheers,

Tom

descriptionVirus Blocking Internet Connection To Multiple Programs - Possible Hijacking! EmptyRe: Virus Blocking Internet Connection To Multiple Programs - Possible Hijacking!

more_horiz
BUMP

descriptionVirus Blocking Internet Connection To Multiple Programs - Possible Hijacking! EmptyRe: Virus Blocking Internet Connection To Multiple Programs - Possible Hijacking!

more_horiz
Hi, please read THIS post and open new thread in Virus, Spyware & Malware Removal.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum