WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionI cannot turn off Sleep/Hibernate in Win7. EmptyI cannot turn off Sleep/Hibernate in Win7.

more_horiz
I am the administrator and only person on this PC, an HP Presario P6520F. I want the power savings to never go to sleep or hibernate. I have changed the setting again and again. I've tried setting it to 5 hours in case it is over-riding never. I have tried several on-line tutorials, but somehow the settings do not change. I assume there is a sleep/hibernate setting somewhere embedded in the software. I also tried to get it to not require a password when it wakes up from sleep, but that setting also does not hold, so I removed the password. Perhaps it's just not letting me do administrator actions, even though the icon shows up with me as administrator. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

descriptionI cannot turn off Sleep/Hibernate in Win7. EmptyRe: I cannot turn off Sleep/Hibernate in Win7.

more_horiz
Hey...

Try this : http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/819-hibernate-enable-disable.html

descriptionI cannot turn off Sleep/Hibernate in Win7. EmptyThanks but alas, tried this.

more_horiz
I may be making a mistake but this didn't 'hold' as well.

descriptionI cannot turn off Sleep/Hibernate in Win7. EmptyRe: I cannot turn off Sleep/Hibernate in Win7.

more_horiz
Hmmm... this one beats me then!

Gd Luck with it

more_horiz
Thanks. Probably time for me to check in with HP or MS. Indifferent or Blank

more_horiz
Did you hit "Apply" before clicking OK? My old lap top with Vista had the same problem. I had to click apply before clicking OK. That tutorial only says to click on OK. Good luck!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum