WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSolvedDIVXWeb Player Won't Work on VISTA 64bit

more_horiz
I use to have a Windows XP and DIVX Web Player worked fine and now i have a Windows Vista 64bit. This OS has been a problem since 1st time i got this laptop 1 week now. For some reason DIVX Web Player won't work. I reinstalled DIVX over and over, I used earlier versions, still no luck. Maybe i should just return to XP or upgrade to Win 7 . Anyway below are some screen shots. Thanks.

here is on of the error message i got online @ stagevu

DIVXWeb Player Won't Work on VISTA 64bit 20100814100915

And here is one to prove that it is installed.

DIVXWeb Player Won't Work on VISTA 64bit 20100814100331

Last edited by Zorx on 14th August 2010, 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionSolvedRe: DIVXWeb Player Won't Work on VISTA 64bit

more_horiz
Never mind i fixed my own problem I actually fixed it by installing an old version of divx web player v1.5 and removed web player v2.0. If anyone has the same problem it's @http://support.divx.com/faq/view/supportFAQen003/DivX-Legacy-Version.

i also found out after all this that DIVX saves movie files in it's installed location and according to a DIVX error prompt i don't have write privileges to that file path in order to make the web player work. Vista is really trying to make things difficult for me. Even though I'm on an administrators account it still wants me to get write privileges. So what i did was just change the location to the
account: USER default download folder and VOILA! MAGIC!

Hopefully i can solve that account privileges issue, might as well fix it now than have it pop again later. Smile...
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum