WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

go.google.com infection

2 posters

descriptiongo.google.com infection - Page 2 EmptyRe: go.google.com infection

more_horiz
I found the firewall solution earlier that you pointed to and followed the Case 1 solution but with no joy. I tried again after you mentioned it but it still isn't working. I even tried the steps in safe mode but Windows Firewall just won't play ball.

I think the solution mentioned reinstalling SP3 - is that the next step? If so, how? I was going to try earlier but I couldn't get it to uninstall to then reinstall it. It appeared in my list of programs/updates via Add/Remove Programs but didn't have a Remove option.

more_horiz
Hi, Smile...

I thought I posted here, it might have not gone through. Let me think

Instead of Windows Firewall, try using one of these:

1. Tallemu Online Armor
2. Comodo Firewall

more_horiz
Thanks again Sneakyone.

I will definitely be singing the praises of this forum wherever I can. You've been so patient and helpful Right On!

Thank You!

more_horiz
Just realised my Adobe Reader installation failed so I have tried again but it's erroring out, seemingly as the download completes and the installation begins but I can't be sure as it's using the download manager. I have attached the error dialog...

Apologies if this is completely unrelated but you did suggest I install the latest Reader version and it's not working so I wanted to check to see if it was related and whether my PC was still infected after all.

Thanks
Mat

more_horiz
Hi, Smile...

Try uninstalling it, then try installing the updated version.

more_horiz
According to Add/Remove Programs it's not installed. I have Adobe AIR, Download Manager, Flash Player 10 ActiveX & Plugin, and Shockwave Player 11.5 but no Adobe Reader

more_horiz
Hi, Smile...

If you don't use .pdf files, I wouldn't worry about it, but if you do I can point you towards a alternative.

more_horiz
I downloaded one earlier (Foxit Reader) as I needed to open a PDF file but if it's not a major issue then I shan't worry too much for now.

Unless you have a better alternative application and I should get rid of Foxit Reader...

more_horiz
Hi, Smile...

Foxit Reader is fine, any more issues?

more_horiz
If the Windows Firewall not working isn't really an issue (I installed one of the others you suggested) then I think I'm good now.

Thanks again Right On!

more_horiz
Hi, Smile...

You're welcome, glad to help. Smile...

If you have anymore issues, please tell me. Right On!

more_horiz
Sneakyone wrote:
If you have anymore issues, please tell me. Right On!
You may regret saying that...

I have tried to update my FullTiltPoker client today and it has failed on the auto-updater and when I downloaded the installer and tried that it said I was a restricted XP user - which is not true as my account is set up as an admin account on this computer.

That's another program that has failed to install properly then, after Adobe Reader yesterday. Something to worry about?

more_horiz
Actually this may not be an issue as FullTilt seems to be working. Ignore me and I'll go away!

more_horiz
Hi, Smile...

Are you still having update issues?

more_horiz
Sneakyone wrote:
Are you still having update issues?
I'm not sure Annoyed or Unimpress

I'm having several applications raise errors, either on install/upgrade (Adobe Reader, Full Tilt Poker) or when exiting. I am seeing that Win32 exception dialog prompting me to use Visual Studio as a debugger quite often as I work through various apps I haven't used for a while. It'd be nice to know what's causing these errors - and since it's several apps I assume it's more likely to be my PC than each individual app - but then if it turns out it's nothing significant then it's something I can live with. It depends how much effort it is to work out what's 'wrong'

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum