WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionFunny Boot after c drive partition. EmptyFunny Boot after c drive partition.

more_horiz
Hi

I recently tried to partition my C drive into smaller chunks using Paragon partition manager 10 software initially and then O&O partition software. After I had set it up with Paragon it froze whilst rebooting and I had to reset the computer and the partition was not successful. Now when I reboot the computer the boot process has changed. Whereas initially it would boot straight to Windows 7 Home 64 bit, now it stops on a screen where I have to choose either Windows 7 or Linux. I didn't even realise I had Linux! I managed to partition the drive with EASUES in the end which was easy and successful but I cannot remove this boot screen. I have tried the BIOS and uninstalling Paragon and O&O software.

Could somebody please help me in removing this annoying boot screen please which was not there before. Please ask if you need any more info.

I did notice that the C drive had two partitions originally, before I altered it, one was 1.35 TB and is described as BOOT PRIMARY. The other is only 100mb and is described as SYSTEM PRIMARY with an asterisk instead of a drive letter and is system reserved. When you open the drive there are boot programmes in it.

Many Thanks.

descriptionFunny Boot after c drive partition. EmptyRe: Funny Boot after c drive partition.

more_horiz
My friend says you can do something in the control panel to sort this out. He is going to show me tonight in work. I will let you all know the answer later.

descriptionFunny Boot after c drive partition. EmptyRe: Funny Boot after c drive partition.

more_horiz
No this didn't work. It was an option to change the boot time. I changed it to zero but the screen still appeared.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum