WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Cannot connect to network

2 posters

descriptionCannot connect to network - Page 2 EmptyRe: Cannot connect to network

more_horiz
Hi,
I understand I need drivers for my network card, but on the belarc advisor scan result under Network Drives it says: None detected.
As well, under the communications tab it says none available and my mac address as 00.0000......etc. What should I do to find out what my network card is. And is it supposed to be displayed in that scan? If not can you please direct me to a link for something of the sort?
Thanks,
Matthew

descriptionCannot connect to network - Page 2 EmptyRe: Cannot connect to network

more_horiz
hi matt,

i'm going to ask another staff member to look in on this.

more_horiz
Okay, thanks Chris.

more_horiz
Hi matt,

can you please try astra32 from this link to see what NIC you have?

http://www.astra32.com/download.htm

more_horiz
Sorry it took me a while to respond yesturday was canada and I had plans. Okay I have a problem now. Everytime I try to start up my PC I get a error saying:
Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt
\windows\system32\config\system

I tried using my windows xp disk to use the repair but it brought me to the recovery console. When i did CHKDSK it didn't fix anything, it only told me that there was a problem. Sorry but I'm stuck how can i get my computer to boot?
Thanks,
Matt

more_horiz
have you tried a repair install?

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

more_horiz
I cant perform a repair install because like it says in warning #2, it doesnt show the R to repair option. Should I do a clean install? I dont have anything important on my PC anyway. And if I do a clean install, will this fix the driver problem I seem to be struggling with?
Also, I wont be here for the next 5 days or so because im going on vacation. But I will be here most of today.

Thanks,
Matt

more_horiz
You could do a clean install but that would require you install all the drivers again. Worth a shot though.

more_horiz
Hi chris,
I just got back today and whenever I try to boot up my PC it tells me there was a disk read error. I went to do a clean install, and it tells me that there is a problem with my hard drive. Could this possibly mean my hardrive is garbage and I should go get a new one?
Thanks,
Matt

more_horiz
Hi Matt,

Sounds like it, yes.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum