Wilcroft
IHateAVSecuritySuite
dablackberry
fhoran
iiMark ii
Listbertact
Doctor Inferno
61 posters

descriptionRemove AV Security Suite [Removal Guide] - Page 3 EmptyRe: Remove AV Security Suite [Removal Guide]

more_horiz
I was able to download the HijackThis executable to my Desktop, but the virus/infection won't let me install the actual application. Suggestions?

descriptionRemove AV Security Suite [Removal Guide] - Page 3 EmptyRe: Remove AV Security Suite [Removal Guide]

more_horiz
i can't open anything besides firefox and this av security is still on my computer, i downloaded the malware thing and i can't open it av blocks it. please help

more_horiz
Hi!
This is my first post here.

I had a problem while following the istructions.
I Used a proxy server for my LAN.
I downloaded Hijack this and fixed this 2 things
O4 – HKLM\..\Run: [random] c:\documents and settings\user\local settings\application data\random\random.exe
O4 – HKCU\..\Run: [random] c:\documents and settings\user\local settings\application data\random\random.exe

Everything was going OK, but Then I restarted my notebook and I pressed F8 many times... but nothing happened. Nothing at all.
My notebook then shifted to a black screen that says "Press F11 to restore" (in italian is "Premi F11 per ripristinare", I don't know if in English "restore" is the precise word).

Now every time my notebook starts it stops on this screen and there is nothing I can do to make windows XP start.
Is my notebook to burn now?
Any help?

descriptionRemove AV Security Suite [Removal Guide] - Page 3 Emptygreat!

more_horiz
worked great! only took a couple of minutes av is off my computer now!

more_horiz
I was trying to follow your instructions but after I unchecked use a proxy server, and then ok, Apply was not an option to click. Another idea?

descriptionRemove AV Security Suite [Removal Guide] - Page 3 Emptyremoval will not work

more_horiz
I went to uncheck the LAN settings on IE and it checked it right back. I cannot do anything with it because of all the "infected" pop ups. any suggestions on what to do? I am so frustrated right now because I cannot do anything on my computer. I am trying to follow the instructions on a laptop to fix my PC, and well, I am ready to just scream... can someone help me please on getting this AV thing off my computer Let me think Afraid

more_horiz
Hello, gdoggluke, dmassinger, and luvz2play.

Welcome to GeekPolice.net.

• Read and follow the steps in this topic.
  • Then, post a new topic containing those logs in this section.

Thanks!

more_horiz
I removed AV Security Suite Virus and it returned the next day. Removed AV Sec Suite Virus again using Malware both times. This time I did a full scan and found additional AV viruses in my registry. I'm hoping for the best.

Good luck All

more_horiz
If you need help, please follow my instructions on the post above.

descriptionRemove AV Security Suite [Removal Guide] - Page 3 EmptyAV Security Suite

more_horiz
I am really hijacked. I can use Firefox but can not change the LAN settings in Explorer.

When I get to the line "After that, download HijackThis from HERE and save it to your desktop." nothing happens.

What can I do?

Thank you!

more_horiz
Please follow the same instructions from post 37.

descriptionRemove AV Security Suite [Removal Guide] - Page 3 EmptyHijackThis

more_horiz
dmassinger wrote:
It will not let me download the HijackThis , Suggestions?

more_horiz
Please follow the same instructions from post 37.

descriptionRemove AV Security Suite [Removal Guide] - Page 3 EmptyErm......what?

more_horiz
I got this stupid Virus yesterday, Been working on it since. Followed these instructions (although I had to download HijackThis from somewhere else because the link wouldn't work.) and the first time I did the malwarebytes scan it showed viruses, but a family member was helping me and after we downloaded Malwarebytes and scanned (we did a full scan, without the instructions now, we thought we didn't need the instructions anymore ._.;Wink and then the popup said "It couldn't remove everything, restart your PC?" we thought it meant that the virus was still there, so we clicked no. After that, we tried multiple things, and now im back again, following the directions. I did the quick scan, Gasp, Nothing there? I did the full scan, gasp, nothing there either! So I restart my PC, and I can go everywhere EXCEPT for Internet Explorer (im on Safe mode atm), because when I click on internet it says "Warning, this website (google) is potentially dangerous & stuff, and like buy our fake program or scan Wink" and pretty much thats the virus, except its only on internet, where before I couldn't open ANYTHING because it said "this has a virus!" Sigh. Great, it wont even SHOW UP on the scan, and I still have it. How can I get rid of it on the internet too, I already did the proxy thing, its still unchecked but it still wont work. Safe mode is the only internet I can get, and I heard from a friend who works at a computer company that I cant go online in Safe Mode to places like myspace and stuff because ill spread the virus and I'll get banned. (I tried to log into myspace on safemode before & it just refreshed the homepage. Could it be im banned now?) I hate AV Security Suite, its messed up my computer, is now invisible to the scans, and has infected my Internet. Joy. Evil or enraged Evil or enraged :sad:

more_horiz
An alternative method i used.

I used Vista's windows restore in safe mode to its earliest point
then rebooted and downloaded malware bytes. ran it didn't find anything.
everything is unlocked and running ok

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum