WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Soft virus

2 posters

descriptionSoft virus - Page 3 EmptyRe: Soft virus

more_horiz
I deleted that game, My son downloaded it from somewhere on the net, it being a cracked game if that terminology is correct may very well be why he never could get it to play...
Is there some way to find out where he downloaded it? I will surely report it to who ever handles such cases...Whats even worse is we payed for the download, and I eventually had to go to my bank and put a stop to them charging my account...I think the site was called hitech creations something or other . It really makes me mad that these cyber crooks use a kids game to hack a computer

more_horiz
Hi Ronnie,

After conferring with the experts behind the scenes we feel the problem is non malware related. Try the following:

Please visit the links HERE and HERE first to read about this new Microsoft tool!

Then you can download and use: Soft virus - Page 3 Logo_FixIt_Final Microsoft Fix it Center Online
Microsoft Fix it Center Client contains troubleshooters that help detect issues on target PCs and solve them on demand or proactively before you even know they exist!
It finds and fixes many common PC and device problems automatically. It also helps prevent new problems by proactively checking for known issues and installing updates. Fix it Center helps to consolidate the many steps of diagnosing and repairing a problem into an automated tool that does the work for you.

Microsoft Fix it Center makes getting support easier than ever, with tools that help solve the issues you have now and prevent new ones.

• Easy to Install and Run: Easy-to-use wizards will guide you through the set-up process and help you anytime you need support.

• Automated: With automated troubleshooters, Fix it Center helps solve issues with your PC, even if you're not sure what the exact problem is. Fix It Center scans your device to diagnose and repair problems, then gives you the option to "Find and fix" or to "Find and report.

• Preventive Care: By helping you find and fix issues before they become real problems, Fix it Center helps keep your PC running smoothly and automatically downloading the latest solutions.

Let me know after you had run all the troubleshooters on your pc if it corrected your problem.

more_horiz
Hi Chris, I tried to install the fixit but I got this error meassage
an unexpected error occured.Setup cannot continue.Please exit and try again.
Error.no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.127.0.1:5555.
whatever that means lol,
I did go and look at a new computer today and Im not sure what the guy was telling me but it had 8gig memory and a 1 tera hard drive witha quad core processor, not sure what all that is either but apparently the mfg thought pretty highly of it and had a pretty high price tag,
Maybe I could just wipe this one clean and start over lol

more_horiz
Oh after running thru all that you have told me the fake virus stuff is all gone but Im still unable to launch alot of things from my desktop like I could before I got the virus, I have even uninstalled and reinstalled the launchers,
verything you told me to do worked like a charm

more_horiz
Hi,

Please download ComboFix Soft virus - Page 3 Combofix from BleepingComputer.com

Alternate link: GeeksToGo.com

Rename ComboFix.exe to commy.exe before you save it to your Desktop
  • Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools A guide to do this can be found here
  • Click Start then copy paste the following command into the search box & hit enter: "%userprofile%desktopcommy.exe" /stepdel
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. This will not install in Vista. Just continue scanning, and skip the console install.
  • When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the contents of C:ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

more_horiz
I get a error saying c/: app failed to start, or something in that order..
maybe that new computer is in order lol can we do the remote access thing? This is going way beyond my computer abilities lol

more_horiz
hi Ronnie,

If you want to start fresh, you can just reformat (which is free) or purchase a new pc. Up to you Smile...

more_horiz
what involved in reformatting?

more_horiz
Hi Ronnie,

Do you have access to the CD's that came with your PC?

In reformatting you wipe the drive clean with those CD's and start fresh with a new Operating System, just like the day you bought it.

You will lose all your programs and files but, you can back your files up to a flash drive or CD's before the reformat to ensure you can put them back on when you're ready to do so.

I don't recommend backing up any executable files for programs. They can always be reinstalled later.

If you let me know what you plan to do: continue with the disinfection or reformat I can direct you to the proper forum so you can get help from our other Staff and members. Currently, only pre-approved users can respond to this topic.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum