WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWindows XP won't start - system32/hal.dll error EmptyWindows XP won't start - system32/hal.dll error

more_horiz
Hello. I changed the keyboard on my Dell laptop and that seemed to go smoothly, but when I went to logon, I received this message at bootup "Windows could not start...the following files are missing or corrupt \system32\hal.dll ... re-install a copy of the above file."

I cannot figure out what to do; I tried to log on in Safe Mode, but that did not work either. It is running Windows XP. Is there anything you can do/suggest to help?

descriptionWindows XP won't start - system32/hal.dll error EmptyRe: Windows XP won't start - system32/hal.dll error

more_horiz
Hello? Is there anyone who can help with this or have any suggestions; I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.++++

descriptionWindows XP won't start - system32/hal.dll error EmptyRe: Windows XP won't start - system32/hal.dll error

more_horiz
Google FTW.
Look here.

Hope that helps.

more_horiz
Thanks - I actually have seen that, but none of those methods seem to work. I have found and put in the Windows XP disc but even that will not boot up the system without getting that same error message so I cannot get to the "Recovery" console...

more_horiz
I donĀ“t understand, you cannot boot up windows from the CD? I mean, EVERY computer (without hardware problems) should boot up from a bootable cd.

more_horiz
That was a new one to me also. But it starts to boot and then I receive another error message that Windows is unable to boot. Could all of this have come just from replacing the keyboard?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum