WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionXP internet Security 2010 rogue malware. EmptyXP internet Security 2010 rogue malware.

more_horiz
Right now I am posting on my Mac laptop, I don't want to take any chances with the virus on my PC so I turned off the internet. To be honest, I'm not quite sure how I got this virus, but it has turned off my automatic security. When I try to click on my shortcuts it doesn't let me access them, but instead takes me to a pop up that asks me what to run the program with. I have Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, and I was able to do a scan. It came up with three things that were infected, I quarantined them and restarted my computer. Ran another scan with Malwarebytes', came up clean. I also tried to run CA antivirus, but it won't run at all, I can get to the main menu of it though. I was able to run the anti-spyware it showed a malware called "XP internet security 2010". I tried to quarantine it, but it will not remove. I also have Spybot S&D, but I cannot access it at all. Have tried many ways to access. Also if you think that I should be using the other computer to access this website, please say so. Otherwise I'm going to be posting on this laptop.

descriptionXP internet Security 2010 rogue malware. EmptyRe: XP internet Security 2010 rogue malware.

more_horiz
Please download Stealth MBR Rootkit Detector by GMER from GMER.net, and save to your Desktop.
  • Double-click mbr.exe to start the program.
  • When done scanning, it will save a log on the Desktop called mbr.log.
  • Please post the contents of that log in your next reply.

descriptionXP internet Security 2010 rogue malware. EmptyRe: XP internet Security 2010 rogue malware.

more_horiz
Sorry for the long wait. Well. I cannot post the contents of the log. I cannot open anything on the computer with virus on it. I am completely stuck. I cannot think of anything else I can do. Is there anything you would suggest me doing?

more_horiz
RKill by Grinler
Link #1
Link #2
Link #3

• Download Link #1.
  • Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click the RKill desktop icon.
    If you are using Vista please right click and run as Admin!
  • A black screen will briefly flash indicating a successful run.
  • If this does not occur please delete that application and download Link #2.
  • Continue process until the tool runs.
  • If the tool does not run from any of the links tell me about it.
This only kills the active infection, the actual infection will not be gone.

Then, please try the tool again.

more_horiz
I apologize once again, but I ended up giving up on trying to do anything, for I couldn't even access the internet from my PC. For right now I'm posting on a laptop. I ended up reformatting my PC. Thanks for the help though!

more_horiz
ok

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum