WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

description'Application cannot be executed. File wuauclt.exe is infected.' Empty'Application cannot be executed. File wuauclt.exe is infected.'

more_horiz
Hi GeekPolice. I'm in a spot of trouble.

Earlier today was just on the net and this message came up saying the file wuauclt.exe and some other files were infected. I can't get the other files at the moment because they come up when i open certain files but they aren't the main issue. The wuauclt.exe is the big problem.

I was going to try a system restore but something pops up really fast and goes so that won't work. I seem to be able to open most files like 'Pictures' and stuff but the main thing is i can't access the internet explorer on it. I'm writing this on my IPhone. I know that on this site you're not meant to use advice given to other people but i didn't know that at first. I looked at people with similar problems and you tell them to download things which i don't think i can do because of the internet explorer thing. I can't open my McAffee either. Also i don't know if i can get you many details, i could manually copy some from my computer to
here but obviously won't be able to copy and paste.

All i can tell you is that my machine is an Acer - Aspire 6920, Windows Vista. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me, i understand this problem might be a bit difficult.

description'Application cannot be executed. File wuauclt.exe is infected.' EmptyRe: 'Application cannot be executed. File wuauclt.exe is infected.'

more_horiz
Hello! We need to do some diagnostics to get started.

1. Please download Profiles by noahdfear.
  • Save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click profiles.exe and post its log when you reply

2. Download Win32kDiag by ad13 and save it to your Desktop.
  • Double-click Win32kDiag.exe to run Win32kDiag and let it finish.
  • When it states "Finished! Press any key to exit...", press any key on your keyboard to close the program.
  • Double-click on the Win32kDiag.txt file that is located on your Desktop and post the entire contents of that log as a reply to this topic.

3. Please download Cheetah-Anti-Rogue by me, and save to your Desktop.
  • Double-click on Cheetah-Anti-Rogue.zip, and extract the file to your Desktop.
  • Double-click on Cheetah-Anti-Rogue.cmd to start.
  • It will finish quickly and launch a log.
  • Post the contents of it in your next reply.

4. In your next reply, please post the following logs for my review:
  • Profiles log (1)
  • Win32kDiag log (2)
  • Cheetah log (3)

Thanks! Smile...

description'Application cannot be executed. File wuauclt.exe is infected.' EmptyRe: 'Application cannot be executed. File wuauclt.exe is infected.'

more_horiz
Thanks for the reply but how can i download them on my laptop if the virus won't allow me on internet explorer? I can't get on this site on my laptop to download the programmes, i'm using my IPhone to post right now. Is there a different way to fix the issue?

more_horiz
Please start Internet Explorer, and when the program is open, click on the Tools menu and then select Internet Options.
  • Now click on the Connections tab and then the Lan Settings button
  • Under the Proxy Server section, please uncheck the checkbox labeled Use a proxy server for your LAN. Then press the OK button to close this screen. Then press the Apply button and then the OK button to close the Internet Options screen. Now that you have disabled the proxy server you will be able to browse the web again with Internet Explorer.

more_horiz
That worked for a minute the first time, but before i could get on this page my IE page went back to saying internet explorer warning - visiting this site may harm your computer! Then i go back to check my LAN settings again and the proxy box had been ticked again. I'll keep trying but it doesn't seem to be getting better with time.

more_horiz
Download the HostsXpert
  • Unzip HostsXpert 4.3 - Hosts File Manager to a convenient folder such as C:\HostsXpert
  • Click HostsXpert.exe to Run HostsXpert 4.3 - Hosts File Manager
    from its new home
  • Click "Make Hosts Writable?" in the upper right corner (If available).
  • Click Restore Microsoft's Hosts file and then click OK.
  • Click the X to exit the program.
  • Note: If you were using a custom Hosts file you will need to replace any of those entries yourself.

See if this helps.

more_horiz
I've tried to get back to this page on my laptop but now i'm having problems even opening internet options on tools to uncheck the proxy thing. I click internet settings and nothing even comes up so i can't get on the onternet explorer to download that file you suggested.

more_horiz
Find the HOSTS file located in the folder C:\windows\System32\drivers\etc --- double-click on it and use Notepad to open it. ---- correct the file by deleting all the lines except: 127.0.0.1 localhost <---- that line must be there in the file -------- click File > Save. Then, exit Notepad.

Let me know what happens.

more_horiz
I tried to open hosts but then the security warning came up saying file rundll32.exe is infected.

more_horiz
Transfer the download from a clean computer to the infected computer via CD or flash drive.

Please visit this webpage for a tutorial on downloading and running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

See the area: Using ComboFix, and when done, post the log back here.

more_horiz
It's cool mate, i managed to find a PC World near me. I came here because someone recommended it to me but i realise this virus is a bit of a b**** lol, so i think they're going to do something. Sorry to waste your time, but thanks for your help.

more_horiz
You did not waste my time. I save people money. You don't have to pay here and can get trustworthy removal.

Or you can pay at that repair place and get untrustworthy removal.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum