WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionHow to Boot Into Safe Mode EmptyHow to Boot Into Safe Mode

more_horiz
How to Boot Into Safe Mode Info10

This tutorial will show you how to boot into safe mode.

• Restart your computer
  • After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, keep tapping F8.
  • Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear.
  • Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.
  • Log into an account with Administrator privileges to perform tasks properly.

descriptionHow to Boot Into Safe Mode EmptyRe: How to Boot Into Safe Mode

more_horiz
You could also go to start button look for run

• type msconfig
  • select boot tab
  • Then under boot options tick safe boot box
  • click apply / ok
  • a system config box will pop up select restart

Your system will now shutdown and restart in safe mode when your done before rebooting reverse the process but instead of going to the boot tab click general tab tick normal start up apply and you should boot back in normal mode

more_horiz
Running XP home. Tried pressing F8 several times but only get a black screen with "Pri. Master Disk on top and Boot from Cd/DVD on the bottom with a figures in between. No response from any key. (infected with Ms Removal Tool)

Mack7

more_horiz
A beep may not be heard. A suggestion (it may be longer than you wish ...)

* Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Options Menu (or Boot Options) menu should appear. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again. If F8 doesn't work try F5.
* Use the Up and Down arrow keys to find and highlight Safe Mode.
* Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe Mode.
* Log on with an account that has administrator privileges, usually your own account (NOT the account named Administrator).

The screen will look different and some things won't work - like printing and your Internet connection.

more_horiz
I'm back again after two weeks away. Unfortunately I still can't get into Safe Mode although I pressed many keys many times. Got into the "CMOS Setup Ulility" screen but didn't know what to do with it.

Mack7

more_horiz
see post #2

more_horiz
Further information on above item; Brought computer to repair shop who told me hard-drive was gone. They failed to retrive any data from it. They inserted a new hard-drive and returned the old one. Is there any way to recover data from it now?

Mack7

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum