WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Disk Cleanup compacted/slowed

2 posters

descriptionDisk Cleanup compacted/slowed - Page 2 EmptyRe: Disk Cleanup compacted/slowed

more_horiz
Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.2
Windows XP Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 8
``````````````````````````````
Antivirus/Firewall Check:

Windows Firewall Disabled!
AVG Free 8.5
ESET Online Scanner v3
Online Armor 3.5
```````````````````````````````
Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
CCleaner
Java(TM) 6 Update 19
Out of date Java installed!
Adobe Flash Player 10
Adobe Reader 7.0.8
Adobe Reader 9.3.1
````````````````````````````````
Process Check:
objlist.exe by Laurent

AVG avgwdsvc.exe
AVG avgrsx.exe
AVG avgnsx.exe
Tall Emu Online Armor OAcat.exe
Tall Emu Online Armor oasrv.exe
Tall Emu Online Armor oaui.exe
Tall Emu Online Armor OAhlp.exe
````````````````````````````````
DNS Vulnerability Check:

GREAT! (Not vulnerable to DNS cache poisoning)

``````````End of Log````````````

descriptionDisk Cleanup compacted/slowed - Page 2 EmptyRe: Disk Cleanup compacted/slowed

more_horiz
See this page for more info about malware and prevention.

Do you have any more questions?

more_horiz
What add-ons with firefox do you recommend?

more_horiz
The only one I would recommend is Web-of-Trust (http://www.mywot.com)

more_horiz
Thank you for all your help. I'm sure everything you had me do improved my computer and I appreciate it. However, it still takes about 5 minutes to start up for me to even try to open firefox and when I do it takes another 5 or 6 minutes for firefox to open. Apparently this isn't a virus problem. Any suggestions. Thanks again.

more_horiz
Please download the latest version of Kaspersky GetSystemInfo (GSI) from Kaspersky and save it to your Desktop.
Disk Cleanup compacted/slowed - Page 2 Icon13 Please close all other applications running on your system.

Please double click GetSystemInfo.exe to open it.

Click the Settings button.Disk Cleanup compacted/slowed - Page 2 2hd457o

Disk Cleanup compacted/slowed - Page 2 34gul1w

Set it to Maximum

Disk Cleanup compacted/slowed - Page 2 2n9gldh

Disk Cleanup compacted/slowed - Page 2 Icon13 IMPORTANT! Then please click Customize - choose Driver / Ports tab and uncheck Scan Ports.

Click Create Report to run it.Disk Cleanup compacted/slowed - Page 2 2ekm73m

It will create a zip folder called GetSystemInfo_XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.zip on your Desktop. Please upload the folder to Kaspersky GSI Parser and click the Submit button.

Please copy and paste the url of the GSI Parser report (not the log) in your next reply.

more_horiz
http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file=a90d9bd420d62a09b6cf4c3886b24e6c

more_horiz
Your logs are clean. How is your computer running?

more_horiz
Everything seems to work OK, however it still takes about 5 minutes to get going once I sign in and another 3 minutes for firefox to come up. I have 49 different icons on my desktop do all those programs have to load when I sign on? What can/should I get rid of?

Per the ccleaner startup menu I have 7 things that start when my computer starts:

ctfmon.exe
Filehippo.com
@OnlineArmor GUI
Adobe Reader Speed Launcher
Microsoft Default Manager
Adobe ARM
TkBellExe

While there are 26 other programs listed that are not set to start up. Is this normal or should I get rid of stuff.

Thank you. I'm sorry to ask what probably are dumb questions, but I'm just glad to have expert advice.

more_horiz
Try StartUpLite by Malwarebytes: http://www.malwarebytes.org/startuplite.php

more_horiz
Thank you, I guess that helped a little. However, I feel better not starting up some things I don't really need.

FiliHippo update checker shows a newer QuickTime I can install when I try to install it I get this error message:

The Path 'C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\_is5F\QuickTime.msi' cannot be found. Verify that you have access to this locations and try again, or try to find the installation package 'QuickTime.smi' in a folder from which you can install the product QuickTime.

more_horiz
Do you want me to help diagnose that issue?

more_horiz
That would be great. Do you think it's a big deal?

more_horiz
Download Quicktime to your Desktop and try again.

more_horiz
Hello, so I gave up on Quicktime however I went on the tutorials and guides forum and tried to change my msconfig to the multiple cpu boot for faster startup. However, I seem to have made things worse. Waiting to hear back on that forum. In the mean time I ran the Getsysteminfo again.
http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file=49d2616c32d6839fb256e9b2245d0032

Any ideas?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum