WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSony VAIO VGN-CR410E Power Jack Repair? EmptySony VAIO VGN-CR410E Power Jack Repair?

more_horiz
Hello! I have a Sony VAIO VGN-CR410E laptop that I bought almost exactly 2 years ago and I have been told that my power jack is a little loose. I haven't had any problems, though, except for one or two times in these two years when the computer icon that says how much power was left went gray and said "Unknown time remaining" and "Plugged in but not charging" or something like that. The thing is, it must have been charging anyway because my battery life is sadly very poor and if my laptop were not plugged in and receiving power, it would shut down really quickly, which it never did. Other than that, everything is fine and the computer doesn't seem to have any power problems as long as it's plugged in.

Still, I wanted to take it to the Best Buy Geek Squad at the Best Buy where I originally bought it in the hopes that it's still under warranty and they could repair it but I keep hearing negative things about Geek Squad and even Sony customer support and I now I just have no idea what kind of place I should take my laptop to have this power jack fixed before it does become a problem or something. I keep looking up reviews for different places and it seems like the entire laptop repair world is a scam or something.

What would be the best course of action in this case? Is this even a big deal or a huge, time-consuming procedure?

descriptionSony VAIO VGN-CR410E Power Jack Repair? EmptyRe: Sony VAIO VGN-CR410E Power Jack Repair?

more_horiz
Have an electrician tighten the clasp on the inside. It just means that the jack has been bent the wrong way, and the clasp is not tight enough.

If the electrician cannot fix it or cannot help, then a replacement would be necessary, if you want better battery life. Most replacements cost about $90 USD.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum