WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionInternet Explorer EmptyInternet Explorer

more_horiz
I have a problem with Internet Explorer on my desktp Windows xp ..I can see that my internet connection is good from the icon on the task bar also i can get online in safe mode ..But in normal startup ''Page can not be displayed'' ..

I Restored advanced settings and reset ie also uninstalled ie and reinstalled ie also turned off firewall and popup blockers ..

Any ideas

descriptionInternet Explorer EmptyRe: Internet Explorer

more_horiz
What antivirus are you running and are you behind a router, are you wireless?

more_horiz
Hardwired to a router with charter ..it was norton anti virus ..
I can get online and use ie in safemode ..so i am assuming there is connection

more_horiz
Was norton? Try uninstalling Norton if you already havnt, there is a driver or file blocking you from getting online, when you start in Safemode Winodws only loads the basic oem files, so some program changed your files.

Have you ran a full virus scan? If not, boot into safemode and goto www.avira.com , download to your desktop then reboot into regular windows and install /register then update the avira antivirus!

If that works then 100% then we know you have connection and I.E. is to blame ("Then of course run a full virus scan")

more_horiz
I will check it out thanks

more_horiz
I did not download www.avira.com but i did download another software and restarted in normal mode so i have connection ..But still ''Page Can not be displayed''I ran Malewarebytes and winsockxpfix ..nothing

And norton is uninstalled

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum