WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionInternet Connected but Cannot Browse Sites or Update EmptyInternet Connected but Cannot Browse Sites or Update

more_horiz
Hi guys,

TRIED ALMOST EVERYTHING
Just wondering if you could help me. I have had this problem for ages and nothing has fixed it, i have an Acer Aspire 5315 that just suddenly stopped going online. The Laptop tells me i am connected to the wireless but i cannot Browse sites or update, and my Anti - Virus will not update either. Help me please.

jimmyhuf

descriptionInternet Connected but Cannot Browse Sites or Update EmptyRe: Internet Connected but Cannot Browse Sites or Update

more_horiz
Okay given that your OS is Vista there should be a diagnostics tool available for use.
Go to the toolbar and rightclick on your network icon and select diagnose and repair.
I also suggest posting the full connection details which can be found under your connection status page.
If it still does not work then it may be a driver fault.

[FZ]Falzar

descriptionInternet Connected but Cannot Browse Sites or Update EmptyRe: Internet Connected but Cannot Browse Sites or Update

more_horiz
If what Falzar says doesnt work, it sounds like it could also be a nasty virus. I had one last year which does what you are describing and targets the AV and stops it from updating.

Can you use things like MSN and/or limewire?

more_horiz
Dioagnostic does not find anything wrong.
And no i cannot use MSN or limewire, any browser or anything.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum