WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionHow is the Economy doing where you live ? Available Tech Jobs? EmptyHow is the Economy doing where you live ? Available Tech Jobs?

more_horiz
I was wanting to hear from everyone how is the economic situation in your town and also regarding Tech Sector in your area?

I know in Akron, Ohio 20 Minutes south of Cleveland Ohio it is very bad , stores are emptied and the home of The Goodyear and Firestone Tire companies, you will find very few IT jobs. Only ones left are Programming and SQL that are needed, local insurance companies Allstate and Progressive all outsource IT work now to India.

My computer business went from 6 employees (including myself) to just me and a tech with a secretary. I was making 62k my first 5 years in business now Iam only making 22k , most computer shops in town have closed down or moved out of state! Thank god I saved money and stayed in my apartment all these years!

You would think Computer Business is recession prof?

descriptionHow is the Economy doing where you live ? Available Tech Jobs? EmptyRe: How is the Economy doing where you live ? Available Tech Jobs?

more_horiz
Oh no. I'm planning to take BIT in college.
Any advice?
I'm from Manitoba
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum