WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionLogging on/off simultaneously problem EmptyLogging on/off simultaneously problem

more_horiz
I have a laptop that, when you boot it up, it will log on and right back off as soon as it logs on. None of the desktop icons come up or anything either. It won't run in safe mode either. It all has the same effect, no matter what mode I run it in.

Can anybody solve this problem?

descriptionLogging on/off simultaneously problem EmptyRe: Logging on/off simultaneously problem

more_horiz
Avira AntiVir Rescue System is a Linux-based application that allows accessing computers that cannot be booted anymore.

• Download The Avira AntiVir Rescue System from Antivir.de.
  • Just double-click on the rescue system package to burn it to a CD/DVD.
  • Then please use that CD/DVD with Avira Rescue System to boot your computer.
You'll get a boot option to either boot from hard drive or AntiVir Rescue System.
Logging on/off simultaneously problem 2i8vzwo

Press the number 2 on your keyboard to boot into AntiVir Rescue System.

Please wait until drivers are loaded and Main menu shows. Then please select the second option “Scan your system with AntiVir” and hit Enter.
Logging on/off simultaneously problem 33dxve1

Under Configuration, please select Scan all files, Try to repair infected files and Rename files if they cannot be removed?.
Logging on/off simultaneously problem 2aaby46

Then please start the scan.

The Avira AntiVir Rescue System wil now

• repair a damaged system,
  • rescue data,
  • scan the system for virus infections.

descriptionLogging on/off simultaneously problem EmptyRe: Logging on/off simultaneously problem

more_horiz
These were the results:
directories: 7139
scanned files: 180093
alerts: 12
suspicious: 0
repaired: 0
deleted: 0
renamed: 12
quarantined: 0
warnings: 7
scan time: 22:07

& It still won't allow me to log on. It logs me right back off.
Any other ideas?

more_horiz
Please visit this website and download Hirends boot disc. > http://www.hirensbootcd.net/details/10.0.html
Extract everything into a folder and double click on "BurnToCD.cmd" in order to burn it to cd.

Then, boot the computer using the boot CD which you just burned. When you get to this screen, select "Start Mini Windows XP"

Logging on/off simultaneously problem HirenBootCD_menu

It will look like this:

Logging on/off simultaneously problem Hirenboocd_desktop

Once you have booted, click Start > Run and copy/paste the following bolded text into the Run box and click OK:

regedit

Once the registry editor is open, follow this path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

Find the value "userinit" and make sure it's data shows this:

"C:\Windows\system32\userinit.exe",

If it's not the above, change it to the above, make sure not to forget the comma on the end, very important otherwise this fix wont work.

more_horiz
This isn't working for me because I'm not familiar with using winzip.

more_horiz
Zips can be opened like folders, just double left click.

more_horiz
I understand that but what I'm saying is I don't know how to get it all onto a CD/DVD.
Is there any alternate way to do this?

more_horiz
The file contains a bat file that will do that for you, just double click on burntoCD.cmd

more_horiz
It says it cannot find it.
Where do I go from here?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum