WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Dell Laptop battery problem

4 posters

descriptionDell Laptop battery problem - Page 2 EmptyRe: Dell Laptop battery problem

more_horiz
Realistically, if the battery cannot be calibrated and the battery is no longer accepting charge - then the battery is dead.

However, if the battery was able to be calibrated - but still went dead...then the charging component would be bad.

descriptionDell Laptop battery problem - Page 2 EmptyRe: Dell Laptop battery problem

more_horiz
Quote;

"First Set:
1) Charge battery fully
2) Drain it FULLY - just leave the laptop on until it dies, then keep pressing power until it's fully dead
3) Charge again
4) Drain again
5) Repeat one last time"

- The problem here is that the battery doesnt really drain that way, I cant leave the laptop on without the power cord in and on.

The CMOS option does sound funny but will give it a try? It would be under the keyboard on the laptop wouldnt it?

The laptop is an old enough laptop and it's a Ni-MH battery. Just seems like it's not holding the charge at all

The calibration utility was yesterday showing the charge going up and it got to 100%, but when power cord came out it went dead.

more_horiz
kes3000 wrote:
Quote;

"First Set:
1) Charge battery fully
2) Drain it FULLY - just leave the laptop on until it dies, then keep pressing power until it's fully dead
3) Charge again
4) Drain again
5) Repeat one last time"

- The problem here is that the battery doesnt really drain that way, I cant leave the laptop on without the power cord in and on.

The CMOS option does sound funny but will give it a try? It would be under the keyboard on the laptop wouldnt it?

The laptop is an old enough laptop and it's a Ni-MH battery. Just seems like it's not holding the charge at all

The calibration utility was yesterday showing the charge going up and it got to 100%, but when power cord came out it went dead.

Then buddy it is time to replace the battery in my opinion!

more_horiz
Just to update.

I removed the CMOS battery and reset it. I started up the recalibration utility again left it charge. It went from 0 to 100& then asked me to remove power cord as normal. Funnily enough, when I removed the power cord the system stayed on. It was to run down from 100% to empty but I went off for 2/3 mins and then came back and it was already down under 5% then fell to 0% and went off. Put the system back on charge and left it to full charge again. Tried to turn it on but nothing. Battery isnt holding the charge or so it seems, especislly after dropping power so quickly in Step 2 of recalibration.

descriptionDell Laptop battery problem - Page 2 EmptyDell Laptop battery problem

more_horiz
I will guess 90% then its the battery buddy , you need a new one or try that trick on the video!

more_horiz
I got the same problem one year ago! Buy a new dell inspiron 1521 battery and replace it.Everythink is ok!
You can have a try!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum