WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionLogitech S-220 Speakers not working at all EmptyLogitech S-220 Speakers not working at all

more_horiz
Hello my speakers that i just bought doesn't work and i have plugged everything correctly. It doesn't have drivers so i'm guessing it works right off the bat but mine dont work. Can someone help me before i return it?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121014&cm_re=logitech_speakers_2.1-_-36-121-014-_-Product <--The Speakers

descriptionLogitech S-220 Speakers not working at all EmptyLogitech S-220 Speakers not working at all

more_horiz
Ok here is what I think you should check first before returning the speakers :

EASY CHECK

Check the speakers by plugging them in to another computer\laptop or device (Checks to see if the speakers are good)
Plug another set of speakers into your current computer to see if sound is working (Checks sound card\drivers on your pc)

This is the easy way of telling if your computer or speakers are the problem!

COMPLEX CHECK

Try updating your drivers for your audio card by checking your sound card or motherboards manafacturer website
Go to the speakers website to see if there are any available updated drivers

If you can please include your sound card manafacturer and\or motherboard manafacturer in a reply after checking the EASY CHECK, in my opinion it sounds like a sound card (driver issue) Normally I have serviced over 9,322 computer and have only seen 1 high end expensive set of speakers need drivers out of the box!

Mikey

descriptionLogitech S-220 Speakers not working at all EmptyRe: Logitech S-220 Speakers not working at all

more_horiz
I have tried reinstalled all my motherboard drivers and nothing worked, my monitor has built in speakers and it works fine. So i don't know what the problem is.

descriptionLogitech S-220 Speakers not working at all EmptyRe: Logitech S-220 Speakers not working at all

more_horiz
S-220 are analog and do not need drivers , so I would guess the speakers are bad! Did you try hooking up the S-220 to any other device such as a laptop or other device to see if you get sound?

more_horiz
Yes i have tried hooking it up to my XP laptop and it works beautifully. So right now im guessing its a software problem. My current OS is Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum