WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

no sound anymore on hdtv when connecting laptop to tv?

2 posters

descriptionno sound anymore on hdtv when connecting laptop to tv? Emptyno sound anymore on hdtv when connecting laptop to tv?

more_horiz
im connecting my sony vaio vgn-fw21l to my sense hdtv via hdmi cable. i am getting picture but no sound. this is very unsual as i have previously connected the laptop to the same tv WITH sound on numerous occasions (no probs watsoever). however over the last week i can no longer get sound...i just cant understand it. ive tried system restore but this didnt work. any ideas?

PS. ive done the usual -(control panel -sound-change to hdmi-set to default) etc. but this doesnt work as it says its all working properly (via the tests etc-though i cant hear anything).

descriptionno sound anymore on hdtv when connecting laptop to tv? EmptyRe: no sound anymore on hdtv when connecting laptop to tv?

more_horiz
Plugged in properly?

~Acid

descriptionno sound anymore on hdtv when connecting laptop to tv? EmptyRe: no sound anymore on hdtv when connecting laptop to tv?

more_horiz
yep. well it must be if the pictures sweet. ive tried both hdmi ports on the tv. i just cant understand while all of a sudden its playing up. ive tried the Fn + F7 too.

more_horiz
Restart Computer and wait about 10 Minutes before Plugging in

~Acid

more_horiz
Actually one thing i have noticed is that when selecting to put the HDMI output in the Sound window as my Default-i can do this-but i cant press APPLY. i can just OK it. the green tick does come up by the HDMI tho. im sure in the past i was able to apply it, but im not 100% sure i cud.

more_horiz
ive tried restarting DoctorAcid, still no sound ....

more_horiz
The Apply Button Probably Messed it up, Just clicking OK wont apply it, it just returns to default settings. Are you Administrator?

~Acid

more_horiz
yeah, theres only 1 user-me.

the apply buttons still there but its grey so i cant select it.

more_horiz
Press Fn+F8 Or Try Going to Properties on Desktop and Click Double Monitor.

~Acid

more_horiz
iv tried fn +f7 0n my sony laptop. i dont know what u mean about properties on desktop-i cant find that on vista. if i rightclick on desktop, it doesnt give me a properties option?

more_horiz
Go to Desktop - Right Click - Personalize and check the options, is the Second Screen Greyed out?

~Acid

more_horiz
Nothings greyed out. in personalise appearances and sound menu

more_horiz
oh i c wat u mean, i clicked the display settings, then a window called monitor came up- the second screen on this is greyed out

more_horiz
ive been scouring the net and i think it may have summin to do with my ATI HD 3470 card. however, i just cant understand why all of a sudden its stopped working. it used to be fine.i cant remember updating anything. windows does auto update from time to time, but could thath be it?

more_horiz
Possibly,

Try This Website:
http://cybernetnews.com/cybernotes-how-to-change-the-primary-monitor-on-a-laptop/

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum