WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionworm.win32.netsky - Please help! Emptyworm.win32.netsky - Please help!

more_horiz
My computer has been crashing several times, and when I restart Windows, a message appears saying my computer has been infected by worm.win32.netsky. Windows Explorer is also not working, and I cannot access my desktop. The only way I accessed the internet is through a link from a Windows update popup. Can someone please let me know how I may remove this virus? Thanks for your help!!

Edit: I also want to add that I received continuous popup messages from Windows Security Alert (or something like that) claiming that my computer was infected by spyware/malware. When restarting in normal Windows mode, the message saying Windows Explorer has stopped working appears. My desktop is empty and I cannot access anything from there, including the internet. I am using another computer right now to go online. I tried opening in safe mode, but I'm unfamiliar with how it works and was unable to access anything either. I browsed this forum for solutions, and did download OTL as many others were instructed. Ran the program and received 2 logs, but since I cannot open the internet from the infected computer, I do not know how to post those logs. Please help! I need access to some documents on my computer urgently! Thank you.

descriptionworm.win32.netsky - Please help! EmptyRe: worm.win32.netsky - Please help!

more_horiz
Download OTL by OldTimer to your Desktop.

• Close all windows and double click OTL.exe
  • Click Run Scan and let the program run uninterrupted
  • It will produce two logs for you, one will pop up - OTL.txt, the other will be saved on your Desktop - Extras.txt. Post both logs in this thread.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all.

descriptionworm.win32.netsky - Please help! EmptyRe: worm.win32.netsky - Please help!

more_horiz
Hi, I tried running the OTL scan again and came up with 2 logs (OTL.txt and Extras.txt). I could only perform this in safe mode because Windows cannot load any programs while in normal mode. When I try to reboot in normal mode, the message warning me that my computer is infected with worm.win32.netsky still appears, then a message saying Windows Explorer stopped working shows up. This problem has consistently prevented me from accessing anything on my computer. The desktop is a blank screen -- there is no start, taskbar, or icons. Is there any way I can access the 2 log documents created? I am unable to open the internet in either normal or safe modes. How can I post the logs? I hope my description of the issue is understandable...I'm not that great with computers. Please kindly help!

more_horiz
Hello.

Open the Task Manager via ctrl/alt/del. Go to the "Applications" tab, and press "New Task..."

In the open field, type in explorer an hit the OK button.

Does your Desktop load now?

more_horiz
When I hit ctrl/alt/del, I cannot see the Task Manager option, in either normal or safe mode. I don't know if I made matters worse, but while I was in safe mode earlier, I tried running Spybot, which found a whole list of problems, including some with Win32 in the name and labeled Windows Security Alert. I clicked "fix selected problems." Then, I tried to reboot in normal mode, but same problems occurred with desktop failing to load. I tried rebooting in safe mode, and surprisingly, I cannot even open Spybot now. What can I do from here? Cannot open Task Manager or load desktop. Thanks for your quick replies!

more_horiz
Avira AntiVir Rescue System is a Linux-based application that allows accessing computers that cannot be booted anymore.

• Download The Avira AntiVir Rescue System from Antivir.de.
  • Just double-click on the rescue system package to burn it to a CD/DVD.
  • Then please use that CD/DVD with Avira Rescue System to boot your computer.
You'll get a boot option to either boot from hard drive or AntiVir Rescue System.
worm.win32.netsky - Please help! 2i8vzwo

Press the number 2 on your keyboard to boot into AntiVir Rescue System.

Please wait until drivers are loaded and Main menu shows. Then please select the second option “Scan your system with AntiVir” and hit Enter.
worm.win32.netsky - Please help! 33dxve1

Under Configuration, please select Scan all files, Try to repair infected files and Rename files if they cannot be removed?.
worm.win32.netsky - Please help! 2aaby46

Then please start the scan.

The Avira AntiVir Rescue System wil now

• repair a damaged system,
  • rescue data,
  • scan the system for virus infections.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum