WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionwow! This is the worst virus I've ever had, please help!! Emptywow! This is the worst virus I've ever had, please help!!

more_horiz
ok, I wasn't doing anything unusual when i t struck, so it must have been hiding in my computer for some time. Whenever I try to open any program such as ;word, flock, internet explorer, any anti virus, of the system restore, anything in general will not work, though my computer still runs, I can navigate to wear the programs are, just not open them, so I have no idea what to do about this, it's on a netbook, so there is no disk drive I can instal anything with, not that it would run, and also there is a very phony "antivirus software alert" that is obviously part of the virus it's self, now, whenever I try to start a program I get a security warning that say " application cannot be executed. The "insert program here" is infected. Do you want to activate your antivirus sofyware yes or no. wwhen I click yes or one of the fake antivirus alerts internet explorer opens to the fake antiviruses page "antivirus soft" the only thing I haven't tried is restatting my computer (in general or safe mode) because I am afraid that I will get the system alert for critical system processes. Luckily I have a phone with a full internet browser and found this site, pleeeeease heeeelp!!! :-(

descriptionwow! This is the worst virus I've ever had, please help!! EmptyRe: wow! This is the worst virus I've ever had, please help!!

more_horiz
Download OTL by OldTimer to your Desktop.

• Close all windows and double click OTL.exe
  • Click Run Scan and let the program run uninterrupted
  • It will produce two logs for you, one will pop up - OTL.txt, the other will be saved on your Desktop - Extras.txt. Post both logs in this thread.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all.

descriptionwow! This is the worst virus I've ever had, please help!! EmptyRe: wow! This is the worst virus I've ever had, please help!!

more_horiz
unfortunetly I am unable to download any program, because I can't get online, but even if I could I am also unable to run any program, such as the installer, or that program itself

more_horiz
Can you downlaod OTL from another machine and transfer it to this machine via USB?

more_horiz
I will try to, however the installer won't launch for other programs such as antiviruses

more_horiz
OTL doesn't need to install, so it should by-pass that problem.

more_horiz
ok so I was able to get it on my computer and run it, I pretty much ran out of options and restarted my computer, and found I can start afew things before the virus begins to run, so I got it running, ran the scan, and when it finished finished it couldn't show me the log because "the file notepad.exe is infected"

more_horiz
ok so I think I got it with proper timing, did you want me to post the whole log or part of it, or send as a file?

more_horiz
Post the whole log please?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum