WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionDell Dimension 4400 - windows\system32\config\system missing or corrupt EmptyDell Dimension 4400 - windowssystem32configsystem missing or corrupt

more_horiz
Hi,

I'm fixing a computer for a friend. It's a dell dimension 4400 that needed a new power supply. Since installing, Windows will not boot. At startup I get the following error:
windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt \windows\system32\config\system

I have tried booting from the dell repair cd that was included. It starts to load drivers but stops and gives a variety or errors, the most frequent of which is:
vga.sys is corrupt (I forget the actual words, but this is close)

Also, I got this one:
file \i386\vgaoem.fon could not be loaded. The error code is 7.

I've tried moving the RAM chip to the other available slot as well as changing the order that the hard drive and optical drives are connected to the power supply (molex connectors). No change.

Any help would be appreciated.

Derek

descriptionDell Dimension 4400 - windows\system32\config\system missing or corrupt EmptyRe: Dell Dimension 4400 - windows\system32\config\system missing or corrupt

more_horiz
sorry, the OS is windows xp home although I'm not sure about which SP's have been installed.

descriptionDell Dimension 4400 - windows\system32\config\system missing or corrupt EmptyRe: Dell Dimension 4400 - windows\system32\config\system missing or corrupt

more_horiz
Bump - is anyone able to help?

more_horiz
BUMP - please???

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum