WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionInternet wont connect - Win7 EmptyInternet wont connect - Win7

more_horiz
Hi there guys, Im having some probs with the internet. Im running Win 7 X64.

The internet icon near the clock is showing that I am connected and everything is fne (Both Ethernet and Wireless) When I view the full map of the net by clicking into the on the connectivity icon, the map is all good, theres no red crosses.

I run CMD and "ping google.com" and that is all good. But I cant use my browsers! IE and Chrome say the page cannot be displayed.
On IE I click the diagnose the problem icon and it says that there is something wrong with my modem (clearly not as I got other computers connected on the same network).

In order for IE to work I have to restart the computer and then IE and chrome will work, but after about 5 minutes or so it will go back to "page cannot be displayed"

I ran Malwarebyte, it detect 2 infections and were deleted, I think it was called a trojan downloaded?

I rand the scan in my Admin account instead of this account which is my normal account, the internet is fine after half an hour on the admin account, so its only this account is effected :S

BTW. I tried this: http://www.GeekPolice.net/internet-networking-f8/im-connected-but-cant-view-websites-t10552.htm -- Its the Winsock fix, didn't work Sad tearing

Any help guys? I dont want to do a reinstall as thats a big headache for me.

Thanks.

descriptionInternet wont connect - Win7 EmptyRe: Internet wont connect - Win7

more_horiz
Bump. Anyone????

more_horiz
Hello.
Check the proxy option.

Remove the Proxy setting in Internet Explorer and/or in FireFox.

In Internet Explorer
  1. Tools Menu -> Internet Options -> Connections Tab ->Lan Settings > uncheck "use a proxy server" or reconfigure the Proxy server again in case you have set it previously.

In Firefox
  1. Tools Menu -> Options... -> Advanced Tab -> Network Tab -> "Settings" under Connection > Choose "No Proxy"
  2. Click the apply button and restart that computer in normal mode.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum