WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionNo Sound - Can replacing power jack damage speakers? EmptyNo Sound - Can replacing power jack damage speakers?

more_horiz
HP Pavilion DV9810. My speakers were working fine - I never have them turned up loudly. The power jack went out, so I took it and had it replaced. Since I don't always have sound turned up to a high level, I didn't pay much attention. I've noticed in the last couple of weeks (since the repair) that I have no sound. The first thing I checked, of course, were the drivers. I uninstalled, reinstalled, etc., did the test and it said everything was working fine. I have now found that I have sound when I am using headphones.

Is it possible that the speakers were damaged in someway when the power jack was replaced? If so, how do I resolve this? If not, does anyone have any suggestions? Since it's been a couple of weeks since it was in the shop, I doubt they'd remedy the problem (if they caused it) because I just now connected the dots.

Thanks!!

descriptionNo Sound - Can replacing power jack damage speakers? EmptyRe: No Sound - Can replacing power jack damage speakers?

more_horiz
Hello,

I've never heard of a speaker power jack before, are you referring to the audio jack?

descriptionNo Sound - Can replacing power jack damage speakers? EmptyRe: No Sound - Can replacing power jack damage speakers?

more_horiz
No - I'm referring to the DC power jack - that you plug the power cord into. Is it possible that when I had it replaced, the repair technician damaged my speakers?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum