WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSystem Interrupts process hogging cpu EmptySystem Interrupts process hogging cpu

more_horiz
Did a clean install of windows 7 ultimate. After a while, discovered that CPU usage was into the 80%. No applications were running, went into performance on task manager and it showed that system interrupts was using over 80 % of the cpu. Updated all my drivers, some searches on google said it could be the graphics card. I have nvidia geforce 9100. Some said it could be itunes, so I uninstalled that. When I got frustrated, reinstalled windows 7 and did not install any additional programs. It was still doing it. All drivers were updated. Finally figured out that if I set the computer to never go to sleep, and the monitor to never turn off, the the system interrupts would not kick in and hog all the cpu. Now I have to shut down every time , or else leave my computer running full time in order for it to not slow down and freeze up.

descriptionSystem Interrupts process hogging cpu EmptyRe: System Interrupts process hogging cpu

more_horiz
Hello,

Do you have the latest drivers for the 9100 installed?

descriptionSystem Interrupts process hogging cpu EmptyRe: System Interrupts process hogging cpu

more_horiz
Yes, all the latest drivers have been installed. When searching for a solution, this problem seems to have plagued many people on XP, and Vista as well. Not certain if it's localized to a certain brand of graphics card ; however, I never had this problem when I was running on windows vista.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum