WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSolvedPrint spooler service is not running.

more_horiz
Hey, it's me again. The virus is gone, but I still have a problem with printers not working. When I tried to ADD A PRINTER, a message "Operation could not be completed. The print spooler service is not running"
Any ideas on this one ?

descriptionSolvedRe: Print spooler service is not running.

more_horiz
Hello,

Visit the following Microsoft page and click the Run Now button. It shhould fix your problem automatically.

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/printing_problems

more_horiz
Thanks for the info. However, when I entered the site you suggested, I couldn't press the RUN NOW button. It said "This diagnostic package is not available for Windows XP"
And that's what I have, Windows XP, Home Eddition, SP3
Any new ideas ?

more_horiz
Hello,

Try to download and install this: ttp://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9662904

If it doesn't work try this: http://www.technipages.com/fix-for-the-print-spooler-service-is-not-running-error.html

more_horiz
Thanks a lot Doc! That's exactly what I needed, however, I found the same thing yesterday morning. But that's definitely the Cure.
Thanks again for your effort Thank You!

more_horiz
You're welcome. Smile...

more_horiz
Error-Printing in spool status on spooler for my Dell XPS laptop. Printer is fine and will print from desktop with no problem. Cancelling the print job and resubmitting it creates the same issue. Everything I try to print goes to Error-Printing and hangs. I have spent hours researching this issue on HP (printer is an HP OfficeJet 7210 All-In-One), Microsoft and the Internet in general. Can someone please provide an answer in English (not computer speak) that a grandmother can understand? Thanks.

````````````````````````````

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum