WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

internet security 2010

2 posters

descriptioninternet security 2010 Emptyinternet security 2010

more_horiz
I have the virus called internet security 2010. Computer is working just getting popups every 10 minutes saying computer is infected and to upgrade.

descriptioninternet security 2010 EmptyRe: internet security 2010

more_horiz
Please download ComboFix internet security 2010 Combofix from BleepingComputer.com

Alternate link: GeeksToGo.com

Alternate link: Forospyware.com

Rename ComboFix.exe to commy.exe before you save it to your Desktop
  • Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools A guide to do this can be found here
  • Click Start>Run then copy paste the following command into the Run box & click OK "%userprofile%\desktop\commy.exe" /stepdel
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
  • Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console

internet security 2010 Query_RC
Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:
internet security 2010 RC_successful

• Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.
  • When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the contents of C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

more_horiz
I tried to do that but now I cant log into windows. I type my password in and it logs in then five seconds later logs me out everytime. Even does this in safe mode.

more_horiz
Do you have a Windows XP CD?

Boot to the XP cd.

At the Welcome to Setup screen, press R to repair using Recovery Console.

Select the operating system to log on to by number...usually 1...press Enter.

When prompted for the Administrator password, leave it blank and press Enter.

At the prompt C:\Windows>, type the following commands pressing Enter
after each one: (Note the spaces in these commands...they are
important. Also note that I am assuming that your cd drive is drive d:.
If it's not, substitute the drive letter that represents your cd drive
in place of d:.)

d:
cd i386
expand userinit.ex_ c:\windows\system32 <--there is a space after ex_
exit

After inputting the third command, you should receive the message "1 file
copied"...which will indicate that the operation succeeded.

See if Windows will let you log on.

more_horiz
I didnt have a disk but recovery consolewas on the computer when i started it and hit F2. When i type in the part cdi386 it says the command is not recognized.
Ok instead of d i typed in e for my hard drive and now it says there is no floppy disk or cd in the drive.

more_horiz
Right. You must have the CD for that part to work.

So now we will make a CD.

Download RC.ISO and save it somewhere you can find it.

Download MagicISO and install it.

Start MagicISO. When it asks you to register, just close that window...the
program should remain open. Click on "File" and then on "Open"...navigate to the RC.ISO file you downloaded, select it, and click "Open".

In the upper right pane, double click on the i386 folder to expand it. In the toolbar menu, click on the "Add File" icon (just under "Total Size: 7M") and navigate to C:\Windows\System32...locate and select userinit.exe...click "Open".

Click "File" on the toolbar and choose "Save As". Name the file RCplus and save it somewhere you can find it.

Put a blank CD-R disk in your CD burner and close the tray...when the AutoPlay window opens, close it.

Click "Tools" on the toolbar and choose "Burn CD/DVD with ISO". In the CD/DVD Image file area, click the little folder, navigate to the newly created
RCplus.iso image file, and click "Open". In the CD/DVD Writing Speed
drop-down menu, choose the top 8X setting. Format should have "Mode 1"
selected...if not, select it. Click on the "Burn It!" button.

Once this disk is burned, put it in the machine you're working on and restart. Boot to the CD just as you did with the OEM disk and enter
Recovery Console just as you did before.

At the C:\Windows> prompt, Type the following commands, pressing Enter after each one. Again, note the spaces.
d:
cd i386
copy userinit.exe c:\windows\system32
exit

After inputting the third command, you should receive the message "1 file
copied"...which will indicate that the operation succeeded.

See if Windows will let you log on.

more_horiz
Typed it all in and it said 1 file copied, took out the cd and restarted the computer. It still does the log in then off thing.

more_horiz
What I highly recommend now is a reformat and a reinstallation of Windows XP.

Please let me know if you are prepared to do so.

So, with that said, do you have your Windows XP CD?

Guides for format and reinstall: http://www.geekpolice.net/tutorials-guides-f13/how-to-reformat-and-reinstall-your-operating-system-t15119.htm#95115

http://www.helpmyos.com/tutorials-software-alternatives-to-proprietary-f19/how-to-reformat-and-reinstall-your-operating-system-the-easy-way-t1307.htm#3143

more_horiz
No I never had a windows XP cd it was already on my PC.

more_horiz
What type of computer is it?

more_horiz
Dell desktop, i think Dimension

more_horiz
Read this: http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/en/document?c=us&l=en&s=gen&dn=1090151

more_horiz
I did the restore back to how the computer came and now i am in windows xp and using the internet. Just weird seeing how different it is now without all the junk i had. Should I restart it myself to make sure it boots up alrite again.

more_horiz
Sure, if you'd like. Smile...

more_horiz
Thank you so much for your help everything is working fine.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum