WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWindows XP issues EmptyWindows XP issues

more_horiz
Running Windows XP SP2 with recent virus removal. Have searched for solutions to no avail.

Windows will not update - Error number: 0x8024D007

Internet explorer says this when I try to go to any website: "The requested lookup key was not found in any active activation context."

A few other programs aren't working correctly as well and I think it is related to these issues.

descriptionWindows XP issues EmptyRe: Windows XP issues

more_horiz
Please download DragonFix by DragonMaster Jay, and save it to your Desktop. Right click and Extract All, and save the files to your Desktop.
  • Please disable realtime protection. The only realtime protection that gets in the way and need to be disabled: Windows Defender, Microsoft Security Essentials, Spybot TeaTimer, WinPatrol, and Ad-Aware AdWatch. If you have anyone of those, please disable them.
  • Double-click DragonFix.reg, and follow the prompt(s).
  • Please reboot your computer.

Then, let me know if it is solved.

more_horiz
Still same problems.

more_horiz
Hi,
this problem came from Update for Internet Explorer. Please remove your IE, and install it again, remember to Restart your computer after doing this.

If you don't know how to delete IE, check this url:
http://www.lockergnome.com/blade/2006/12/21/how-to-uninstall-internet-explorer-version-7-method-2/

more_horiz
I am running version 6 of IE

more_horiz
Hi, please download and install IE7 from here

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9ae91ebe-3385-447c-8a30-081805b2f90b&displaylang=en

more_horiz
i have no task manager i found the mstask and tried to install it but it keeps asking for windows xp cd with sp3 my cd comes with the computer and wont work so what do i do now?
my my tool bar on the bottom of my screen dissipears when i go on the internet help...

more_horiz
piney8,

Please start a new topic, so you get the appropriate attention.

Thanks. Smile...

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum