WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionno internet after virus removal Emptyno internet after virus removal

more_horiz
I removed "antivirus live" now I can't get internet connection in the normal mode,but it will connect in safe mode.

Had a post in the Malware/virus forum & was asked to post here.

http://www.geekpolice.net/virus-spyware-malware-removal-f11/antivirus-live-removed-no-internet-t17315-15.htm#109543

May be something we missed?

descriptionno internet after virus removal EmptyRe: no internet after virus removal

more_horiz
I re-posted something at your thread, can you check that for me? Smile...

descriptionno internet after virus removal EmptyRe: no internet after virus removal

more_horiz
Hello,

Open CMD, Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults by typing: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults by typing: netsh int ip reset reset.log

Restart your PC.

If it doesn't work, download Winsock XP Fix from here, save it to your Desktop.
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html

Double click on the exe on your Desktop.
Press the "Fix" button, then restart again.

See if you can connect now.

more_horiz
I ran the winsockfix & still cannot access the internet in normal mode, still have to use Safe mode to gain access

more_horiz
Hi, im pretty sure you still have some kind of malware. Also, try to reinstall modem driver on Normal mode, maybe it helps.

more_horiz
No Malware found, I updated & ran Malwarebytes & spy bot right before the winsock reset.

more_horiz
Ok, Lets try to repair your computer a little.

Go to Start > Run > type "sfc /scannow" and press OK button or Enter. (You have to be sure you put space between c and /).
That will attempt to fix any files corrupted by the malware.

If computer ask you to put Windows CD, do it.

When you finish with this, restart your computer, and tell me if you still have same problem.

more_horiz
Sorry It took me so long to get back to you, but this computer is on the other side of Houston,

I just tried the SFC /Scannow did a reboot & it still won't browse the internet in normal mode. but it still works in Safe mode.

more_horiz
Still waiting for a reply?

more_horiz
Hello,

Do you have your XP disc? You need to perform a repair of the OS.

more_horiz
Yes I have a XP disk

more_horiz
Hello,

Insert your XP disc and boot from at at boot up. Perform a repair of the OS.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum