WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionHad Security Alert Virus and now have 302 Google issues - Page 2 EmptyRe: Had Security Alert Virus and now have 302 Google issues

more_horiz
Hello.

I see that you are running Limewire.
P2P(Peer to peer) applications are designed to help you easily share and distribute files between you and a group of people. But they can also be used to distribute malware, and thus are not considered safe.
The removal of these programs is optional, but highly recommended.

Go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and remove the following programs.

Java(TM) 6 Update 15
    LimeWire 5.0.11

You are also running two antivirus', I see from the uninstall list you have Norton/Symantec installed, along with AVG. This is a bad idea as they can conflict and cause more problems. I would recommend that you remove Norton to avoid conflict and other future problems.

Completely Uninstall Norton software using:

• SymNRT.exe
Instructions

1. Please download and save SymNRT.exe to your desktop.
  2. Close all programs and double click on the tool.
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions.
  4. Restart the computer if asked.
  5. Then delete the SymNRT.exe tool from your desktop.
  6. Open the Program Files folder on your local disk ( normally C: )
  7. Find and delete the following folders (if present):

• Norton AntiVirus
    • Norton Internet Security
    • Norton SystemWorks
    • Norton Personal Firewall

Updating Java:

• Download the latest version of Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 17.
  • Select the first option where it says "This special release provides a few key fixes.".
  • Click the "Download" button to the right.
  • In the Window that opens, select your platform and language, check the "agree" box, and click Continue.
  • Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation and save to your desktop.
  • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
  • Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u17-windows-i586.exe that you downloaded to install the newest version.

How is the machine running now?

descriptionHad Security Alert Virus and now have 302 Google issues - Page 2 EmptyRe: Had Security Alert Virus and now have 302 Google issues

more_horiz
Well I will let you know how it is running..I am on the last step JAVA

But what do I KEEP now...

Do I keep Avenger ? Do I remove it ?
Do I keep Adaware or Malwarebytes ? I assume they are the same idea...
And I will let you know how it runs as it looks like it is ready to go

more_horiz
Delete avenger, just right click and hit delete.

Keep Adaware and MBAM for now, MBAM has better detection ratings though.

more_horiz
Ok great...thanks..I did all that..and my computer is running great..and back to normal

Thank you sooooooooooooooooo Much..you saved my sanity I tell you !

Merry Christmas to you and Happy New Year

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum