WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionAnother Security Tool Issue... EmptyAnother Security Tool Issue...

more_horiz
Hello! I seem to have a bit of a problem, I have Security Tool on my Computer... One of my friends accidentily downloaded it on my computer (I think). Now, it has the same problems that I had for System Security 2009, and I barely removed that! (I think I did it manually, but I can't now.) So, can someone help me fix this in time for the holidays?
Also, if this helps, I've been asked on this site for Hijack This, and I already have it incase it helps.

descriptionAnother Security Tool Issue... EmptyRe: Another Security Tool Issue...

more_horiz
Can you post a Hijack This log please?

descriptionAnother Security Tool Issue... EmptyRe: Another Security Tool Issue...

more_horiz
I'm sorry, but Security Tool has blocked it Saying:

HijackThis.exe is infected with worm Lsas.Blaster.Keyloger. This worm is trying to send your credit card details using HijackThis.exe to connect to remote host.

It's blocking it, so I can't do anything about it... Plus, I hope I don't have to do it manually, because I don't know that much...

more_horiz
Please download Ice Sword from HERE

1. Download the zip to your desktop and extract it.
  2. Open the Ice Sword folder and then launch IceSword.exe.
  3. Will IceSword open?

more_horiz
Well, it won't display the page.... So I can't tell you if it works or not... (I've got the worst luck!)

more_horiz
Can you transfer tools over via USB from another machine?

more_horiz
I don't really know, because I've never tried it....

more_horiz
Time to learn something new then eh? Goofy Goofy

You'll need an external USB memory stick/hardrive, although either one is fine.

more_horiz
Well, I couldn't find one around me, so should I just buy one? Or could I just try to go to safe mode to try to fix it? (I've just looked up on sites and I need to go to safe mode for some stuff, but when I press F8, it won't go to safe mode, so I'd like to know why, that's why I brought it up.)

more_horiz
Probably the malware is blocking it, that's why we need to use another machine to get tools from. Yeah, buying one should be okay, the 2gb ones should be cheap now.

more_horiz
Ok, but I would like to know about the Safe Mode Idea, I've heard of using security tool removers, (I've found a good one from spywarefixpro.com, but I need to go into safe mode, but when I try to press F8 to get into it, the computer won't let me get into safe mode! So I would like to know,)
1: Could downloading a remover in safe mode remove the virus?
2: Why won't it let me into safe mode?
3: Is this safe?

more_horiz
1. Doubt it, some malware can be resistant and a removal tool wont be powerful enough to take it down.
2. As I said, malware blocking it.
3. Yes.

more_horiz
Ok, so what should I do if I get memory drive? Try to download Ice Sword from another computer and use it on my computer?

more_horiz
Yes. Smile...

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum