WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Hi. Please help. I can't run ANYTHING of my PC

2 posters

descriptionHi. Please help. I can't run ANYTHING of my PC EmptyHi. Please help. I can't run ANYTHING of my PC

more_horiz
Hi,
I can't run anything. I continue to see a Virus alert pop-up windw that mentions WIN32/Nuqel.E and BankerFox.A files, plus also mentions other random files. Anytime I attempt to run any virus removal tool or ANY application, I get this message...Application can not be executed. the file pctsgui.exe(or whatever executable is triggered) is infected.

Please advise,
MISjacki

descriptionHi. Please help. I can't run ANYTHING of my PC EmptyRe: Hi. Please help. I can't run ANYTHING of my PC

more_horiz
Please download the current version of HijackThis from HERE

• Double click and run the installer.
  • It will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\hijackthis.exe
  • After installing, you should get the user agreement, press accept and Hijack This will run.
  • Select Do a system scan and save a log file. This will open a notepad file of everything Hijack This found, copy and paste it back here.

descriptionHi. Please help. I can't run ANYTHING of my PC EmptyRe: Hi. Please help. I can't run ANYTHING of my PC

more_horiz
Hello,

Note ** Since my desktop PC will not let me connect to the internet nor run ANYTHING, I'm having to do all this work from my laptop. I'm having to copy the downloaded files...Hijack This...to a disk and run the software on my desktop from the disk.

So... I attempted to run Hijack This, and a "Windows Installer" window pops up and reads "preparing to install..."

But IMMEDIATELY another "Security Warning" window pops up and reads...

"Application can not be executed. The file msiexec.exe is infected. Do you want to activate your antivirus sorftware now"

Then this "Antivirus Live" thing continues to pop up. I DID do a scan using that thing once, and it found 34 threats. 2 of them being the WIN32/Nuqel.E and BankerFox.A viruses. Then, of course, it wants me to purchase something to get rid of them.

Any idea what i could try now ?!?! please ?

Thanks!!
MISjacki

more_horiz
Hello.
Try running this.

Please download exeHelper from one of the two links.
Link 1
Link 2

• Double-click on exeHelper.com or exeHelper.scr to run the fix.
  • A black window should pop up, press any key to close once the fix is completed.
  • Post the contents of log.txt (Will be created in the directory where you ran exeHelper.com)
Note: If the window shows a message that says "Error deleting file", please re-run the program before posting a log - and post the two logs together (they will both be in the one file).

more_horiz
Ok. I ran exeHelper.com twice, as I could not tell what the contents of the file was for the first run. The window(for the .txt file) opened quickly then closed. I didn't have time to read the contents.

Below is the results from running it twice.

exeHelper by Raktor
Build 20091220
Run at exeHelper by Raktor
exeHelper by Raktor
Build 20091220
Run at 15:00:33

Thanks
MISjacki

more_horiz
Can you run Hijack This now?

more_horiz
No luck. I now get the message...

Application can not be executed. the file msiexec.exe is infected.

more_horiz
do you have any other suggestions?

more_horiz
Hello.

Please download Ice Sword from HERE

1. Download the zip to your desktop and extract it.
  2. Open the Ice Sword folder and then launch IceSword.exe.
  3. Does IceSword work?

more_horiz
No luck. I now get the message...

Application can not be executed. the file icesword.exe is infected.

more_horiz
Rename IceSword to explorer so it's called explorer.exe, and then try again.
Keep trying, IceSword has a neat little trick where it renames itself when you open it.

more_horiz
Ok. After renaming it, I FINALLY got IceSword to run after several attempts. Now, how do I use it... Smile...
I've left IceSword running. ...just in case

This is sooo frustratring!! I've got pictures to scan and print for Christmas presents. Perfect timing, huh ? Smile...

I really appreciate your help!!!

more_horiz
please, as the next step, I need to know how to use IceSword .

Last edited by MISjacki on 22nd December 2009, 5:44 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : to say it short)

more_horiz
Don't worry, haven't forgotten you, I went to bed.

Open IceSword again.

• On the left hand side tool, hit the Startup button at the top of the list.
  • Just above the list, there is a log button, press that and save the log to your Desktop.
  • Next, hit the Process button at the top of the list, and press the log button again and save that log.
  • Post the two logs in your next reply.

more_horiz
Ok. Thanks for hanging in here with me !!! Smile...

1) Start-up Log file content...
Startup:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
MSConfig
C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

AdobeUpdater
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Updater5\AdobeUpdater.exe

swg
"C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe"

MsnMsgr
"C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background

lmsocdal
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\afyjcn\xptfsysguard.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
desktop.ini

C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
desktop.ini

C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
DSL.lnk
(Remark£º)

2) Process Log file content...

Process:

System Idle Process
System
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\VPN Client\cvpnd.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\ramaint.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\smss.exe
C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LogMeIn.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wdfmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Photodex\ProShowGold\scsiaccess.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\SeaPort\SeaPort.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Desktop\IceSword\IceSword122en\IceSword122en\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\alg.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Toolbar\wltuser.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum