Mr. M
norjeff
DarkS0ul
murph23
hcp72
Muxiop
Doctor Inferno
59 posters

descriptionRemove Internet Security 2010 [Removal Guide] - Page 3 EmptyRe: Remove Internet Security 2010 [Removal Guide]

more_horiz
I really need help or otherwise I am going to snap. I downloaded this program and it detected the viruses. I restarted the computer and now I can't login AT ALL!!! I don't have the money to go to geeksquad or whatever. I don't know what else to do. This is devastating for me because I use this computer for everything. Please can someone help!!!!!

descriptionRemove Internet Security 2010 [Removal Guide] - Page 3 EmptyRe: Remove Internet Security 2010 [Removal Guide]

more_horiz
Ok, I see there are alot of other first time posters on here as well! This is one nasty little critter and I think I almost have it licked but I can't get the computer to connect to the internet.

I ran that MBAM and it took care of it pretty good but it must still be hanging around somewhere. The office network is running fine (i.e. we can all still print through the computer) so it's not that the wireless connection isn't working. Any ideas?

more_horiz
Upon further review, I have found that when I go to open the wireless connections I get this statement where the networks would usually be:

"Windows coannot configure this wireless connection

If you have enabled another program to manage this wireless connection, use that software.

If you want Windows to configure this wireless connection, start your Wireless Zero Configuration service. For more information about starting the WZC service, see article 871122 in the Microsoft Knowledge Base on Microsoft.com website."

That is verbatim. Notice there are some punctuation errors and the such. Sounds kinda fishy. What do you guys think? What should I do?

descriptionRemove Internet Security 2010 [Removal Guide] - Page 3 EmptyConfused

more_horiz
DarkS0ul wrote:
Yes it was one of the first things I fixed:

Fix the path for userinit (Change C:\ to reflect your path): So use the UBCD4win and make sure the path and file are correct. That will fix the login logout loop.

Code:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"Userinit"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\userinit.exe,"

Not sure how to do this part?

more_horiz
Uh oh. Now I got something that looks bad goin on.

AVG says Threat Detected!
File name: C:\System Volume Information\_restore{F845E3DB-F751-4BE4-A620-64F2CA1BFB5F}\RP1\A0002105.exe
Threat Name: Trojan Horse SHeur2.CFOA
Detected on Open.
Process name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
Process ID: 1216

I hope I'm wrong when I'm thinking the virus, which has seemingly been wiped off the computer, has somehow managed to get into the svchost file. What should I do? Is it in the restore points now too?

more_horiz
somehow i think its gone i have windows vista and it let me sytem restore before logging on and it seems to be gone Hooray!

descriptionRemove Internet Security 2010 [Removal Guide] - Page 3 EmptyWinPE required

more_horiz
bill27 wrote:
I appear to be out of options, but I hope someone can tell me I'm wrong. I boot the computer and hit F8 to go into safe mode, but once there wherever I try to go takes me to my "Welcome" page and it won't let me go beyond that. What can I do?

This will fix the Log In / Log Out problem. This was mentioned earlier in this thread dude - on the first page.

You will need a boot disc for this - I suggest WinPE boot disc, or Hiren's boot disc. Anything that gets oyu into a reloaded version of windows. It also needs to have a registry editor on it so you can access your PC's registry. You'll need to DL this off another computer.

Open Regedit and goto: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

Change Userinit back to: "Userinit"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\userinit.exe,"

more_horiz
IF only i looked this up earlier then it didnt block me first i noticed something fishy about the So called "Internet Security 2010" Well it popped out from nowhere which was weird im like ok fine whatever then i spot bad english and im like i dont think they would make a program cost 50$ and have such bad english(no i didnt buy it) ok fine whatever im like im not clicking ur messages i just put em away after that i looked it up on my laptop im on my laptop as i speak my pc is still dead so talk to me guys i didnt get blocked but now im getting logged off i cant open nothing at first i could do stuff now i cant do anything so tell me how can i fix it i cant even run safemode im gonna repair it soon prolly but can u tell me how could it possibly get in my pc just like that id appreciate all the answers And Good Job on the guys that went through all the trouble for this thing i love my pc i want it back but those sons of b**** are gonna pay for raping my PC

more_horiz
Those of you that are having a problem with removing this thing. You need to kill the processes before you can remove anything completely. This is the guide I used and had no problems with removal.....

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-internet-security-2010

more_horiz
Doobie1357 wrote:

File name: C:\System Volume Information\_restore{F845E3DB-F751-4BE4-A620-64F2CA1BFB5F}\RP1\A0002105.exe
Detected on Open.

I hope I'm wrong when I'm thinking the virus, which has seemingly been wiped off the computer, has somehow managed to get into the svchost file. What should I do? Is it in the restore points now too?

Some viruses in the past have been masked as an svchost file. You may have a version of one of those that was somehow linked to the Security Internet 2010. As far as I know the Security Internet 2010 virus does not mask as svchost from any of the research I have done.

more_horiz
It's called Internet Security 2010.

more_horiz
jkrank82 wrote:
Doobie1357 wrote:

Detected on Open.

Some viruses in the past have been masked as an svchost file. You may have a version of one of those that was somehow linked to the Security Internet 2010. As far as I know the Security Internet 2010 virus does not mask as svchost from any of the research I have done.

Crap! That figures. I know this is probably off topic but what can I do to get this outta here?? Walware Bytes doesn't find it.

more_horiz
Hi folks, first time poster here. Got this Internet Security Stuff popping up this morning and came here to find some help.

Im about to embark on this Malwarebytes program as posted, but before I do it I would of course want to back up my files. This is my old computer (running on XP) and my new one is arriving this afternoon- a lot of the files on the old one have gotta be transferred to the new. Its also essential that this computer gets fixed as itll stay in commision for other persons. Now Ive backed up some stuff before sometime last month but it hasnt hit my usual backup date yet so I havnt done it this month and theres some stuff I cant risk losing. Is it possible to back files up to a flash drive without getting the virus to spread across onto it?

Secondly, should I run the Malwarebytes prgram in Safemode straightaway or give it a try first in regular? Does it matter how long I leave this for? The Internet Security program doesnt seem to be doing much except blocking Task Manager...

Finally, Ive become a bit confused after reading the other posts so could someone tell me what the essential list of programs is that I need? The whole changing of registry stuff was a bit confusing and Im not really sure what thats about. Anyways all help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

more_horiz
F8 all I like, I cannot get into safe mode any thoughts?

more_horiz
Well folks good news, got my issues sorted with the guide and some other prgrams...

Many thanks for the guide! Hooray!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum